PDA

View Full Version : New tank order

Aquattro
07-08-2002, 08:04 PM
So today was the day to order the new 155g. Here is a drawing of what it will potentially look like when done.

http://www.islandreef.ca/post/new_stand.jpg

StirCrazy
07-08-2002, 08:25 PM
hmm looks kinda familier :D did you say you did order the tank today?

Steve

Aquattro
07-08-2002, 08:32 PM
yup, should be done in a week...just need a stand to put it on!

DJ88
07-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Is this TEXT thingy some new discovery for reef tanks? Some secret you have been kepeing from us Brad? ;) :D YOu are using it everywhere..

Looks good. smile.gif

Aquattro
07-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Darren, it's a secret glue to hold everything together. I disguised it as sloppy Visio work so you wouldn't notice...guess it didn't work tongue.gif

titus
07-09-2002, 02:17 AM
Hello Brad,

The 2 baffles on the left is potentially problematic and doesn't serve the purpose you want. Can you see why?

Titus

StirCrazy
07-09-2002, 02:47 AM
I SEE I SEE :D :D

hehe ya I think you need 3 baffels on that end, or just reverse them, but I think Titus is asuming you arre going to have sand in the middle

Steve

ldzielak
07-09-2002, 03:02 AM
All you should need is 1 baffle on the left, that is all I have in mine.

Lee

Aquattro
07-09-2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Titus:
Hello Brad,

The 2 baffles on the left is potentially problematic and doesn't serve the purpose you want. Can you see why?

Titus<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Titus, I just drew some baffles wherever without thought as to functionality. Yes, I can see where the baffles could be reversed if the intention was to put sand in the sump...however, my sump will only house equipment at this time. Depending on the final design, the skimmer could end up in the sump. I haven't accounted for top-off reservoir yet. So many details, so little mind :D I'm sure there are othr items that need addressing as well.
I'm going to isntall extra slots in the sump, so if I do need to reconfigure baffles, they'll just slide in and out of place.

DJ88
07-09-2002, 03:21 AM
Tsk tsk tsk.. obviously that new TEXT glue did't work to well.. seems you really rushed this job.. hopefully the real thing fits together better n this. ;)

Aquattro
07-09-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by DJ88:
Tsk tsk tsk.. obviously that new TEXT glue did't work to well.. seems you really rushed this job.. hopefully the real thing fits together better n this. ;) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm thinking now that bubblegum might work better :D

BC_Grl
07-13-2002, 03:26 PM
My, my. Such criticsm :D :D :D

Looks good, Brad. We're still not sure how we're going to construct our sump yet. We're staining the stand now, and hopefully constructing the sump will be next.

I'm sure this aquarium will be spectacular!

titus
07-19-2002, 06:27 AM
Hello,

Sorry Brad. Replied to this and forgot about it completely. Well the design for baffles is not just a matter of where and how many but also the relative height as well. The sliding idea is fantastic, though you have to account for the fact that doing so requires thicker acrylic because the same baffles can't be used to brace the sump. Further, if you have a top pane it's basically impossible to slide the thing in and out.

Titus

Doug
07-19-2002, 10:06 AM
Brad, I have the baffles on my 75 gal sump. Just reversed. Works well. Keeps most all bubbles from the sump. My skimmer dumps in there also.

Aquattro
07-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Thanks Doug. THe "real" baffle arrangement for the sump is much more complex than the diagram. I just inserted some lines in the picture as symbols for baffles. There will be 6 different baffles plus a catchment container. No bubbles will make it past the sump!! I'm using a 40g wide glass tank for the sump.