PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much

Renegade
10-16-2005, 11:42 AM
OK i'm just wondering when it comes to flow how much is too much. My tanks beeing going for almost a year now. first saltwater tank. in the beginning i was told "lots of flow" but now i'm just wondering is there too much. I have a 44g penagon shaped corner tank. 2 feet deep and 2feet by 2 feet across the two back walls. I have an xp1 running, a prizm skimmer, and 2 maxijet 1200s.

The reason why i'm asking is b/c i've been turning them off during feeding and sometime forget to turn it back on. Well i've come in and i've notice that everthing in the tank seems bigger my two anemones seem to open up bigger then usall.
Kyle

Skimmerking
10-16-2005, 01:57 PM
you dont need lots of flow in those tanks where is shape totally different. all you need to do is find thd sweet spot with the current and you will be fine.

mike

Tarolisol
10-16-2005, 05:35 PM
The type of corals you want to keep should tell you how much flow you want, for SPS more flow the better but LPS and softies can do with far less flow and cant always take to much flow, anmeones dont need huge flow. So if you want a combination of these things you have to organize the tank so some parts have higher flow then others.