PDA

View Full Version : help, lawnmower is getting skinny

4ptbuck
10-13-2005, 03:37 AM
I've got a 3" lawnmower who is getting skinny. He eats grape caluerpa, and is always picking.

I've put nori in the tank and I've never seen it touch it.
I've got a zuchinni in there right now, untouched by all.

Anybody got any ideas?
favorite treats?

help....

4pts....

Richer
10-13-2005, 04:14 AM
Have you tried using garlic extract on the nori? Both my lawnmowers refused to touch nori for quite awhile... but after soaking the nori strip in a couple drops of kent garlic extreme, they went right at it.

-Rich

4ptbuck
10-13-2005, 04:16 AM
don't have garlic extract, but I am going to make some garlic juice right now.

let see....

mr_alberta
10-13-2005, 04:19 AM
I agree with Richer with the garlic extract. That has also worked with my Lawnmower blenny. I also find that they like rasping at the algae, so it is best to elastic band it down tightly again a piece of PVC pipe, shell or rock.

4ptbuck
10-13-2005, 05:35 AM
Well, I didn't have extract, so I went for the real thing.
Took a piece of garlic, mashed it add a tablespoon of water, and then soaked some nori in it for a few minutes,. Everthing else was interested except the lanmower....

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-13-2005, 05:36 AM
My lawnmower blennies do best when they learn to also eat frzn mysis & such. It would still eat algae all day, but would get fat on mysis. Gotta love those Rolling Stones lips LBs leave all over the glass.

Anthony

Delphinus
10-13-2005, 05:54 AM
This may sound like an odd suggestion, but if you keep your glass really clean, maybe leave one panel to get a little slimey over a few days. I find my LB does a lot better (i.e., gets fatter) when I do that myself. So I usually don't clean my side panels too often so that there's something for him to work on.

4ptbuck
10-13-2005, 06:46 AM
I haven't seen the LB eat frozen,... mysis, blood or cyclops.
As to the glass, I only clean the front typically.

Arghhh..