PDA

View Full Version : FS: Blue Linkia Starfish

OCDP
10-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Made a mistake and bought one of these guys... don't want to sentence it to death, so therefore I am selling it.

Will only sell to a reefer with a large aquarium with plenty of rock. Would prefer to sell to an experienced reefer with more backround on Linkia's ... if nothing, will sell to someone with a larger aquarium than I have anyways... but would obviously prefer to sell to a nice big home.

25$ takes it :exclaim:

... It's about 4" Nice blue color, and under the right light it has purple spots on it as well... very nice starfish, wish I could keep it. (Calgary only)

Scott

WWWD
10-12-2005, 04:46 PM
you know there really is no proper care method for a linka. to this day biologists still have no idea what they eat. they suspect its bacteria but don't really know. there is a good article on them in the newest copy of coral magazine.

OCDP
10-12-2005, 05:15 PM
I am aware of this. I figure the starfish would have a better chance in a larger system with more live rock, rather than in my 20g with very small amount of live rock... I feel bad for buying it, and can't return it... so now it's either mine, or up for grabs for someone who is willing to give it a shot, and for someone who can meet it's needs better than I can... now I know that doesn't mean they will be successful... but definitely will give the starfish a better chance at least.

Having said that... I'll drop the price to 20$ for now..

Scott

guysmiley
10-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I'll take it if you can get it to Edmonton... I've got a heavily stocked 135.

Garrick.

OCDP
10-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey, thanks for the offer.. prefer to sell this guy locally as shipping will only add more stress :confused:

If all else fails though, I'll most likely ship him.

New price...$15 :exclaim:

guysmiley
10-15-2005, 06:19 PM
I gather you're not comming to Edmonton anytime soon? I'm not going to Calgary soon either. I'm sure it could catch a ride with a fellow hobbyist going back and forth.

Let me know if you really need to get rid of it and we'll try to set something up.

Garrick.

OCDP
10-17-2005, 12:49 AM
Sold :exclaim:

Thanks for all the offers. I was able to sell it to someone local with a large system with plenty of live rock.