PDA

View Full Version : sw stores

curlingchick
10-12-2005, 04:30 AM
im down in calgary till sun i was wondering if there was any good sw fish stores for frags that were cheap.,other than big als.

thanks

AndyL
10-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Well there's of course golds... Must visit - 17ave and 48 (?) st s.e. - look for the pizza hut sign, beside the bingo. That's the best place...

Next on the list would be Oceans, center street and 28th ish avenue (east side of the road) Just past tuxedo cycle & sports. Their prices are pretty good, but kinda hit & miss for stock...

Wais, on 16th ave NE, 300 block, directly across from peters drive-in. Pricey, but he often gets in some cool stuff.

Riverfront downtown, Not sure the exact address (riverfront ave), but if you take edmonton trail into downtown, take your first right after you cross the bridge, it's the first driveway on your left. Usually have lots of stuff, but the prices and quality is iffy (IMHO)

Andy

kens1
10-20-2005, 02:32 AM
Wais is not that pricey for the quality and size of the corals you recieve and he always has a great selection compared to the other Calgary stores. Gold's has some nice stuff but any time I have been there the stuff I am interested in is for "display only" so I find it a waste of time. Been there like 5 times and haven't been able to buy anything - maybe I just have bad timing.

albert_dao
10-20-2005, 06:23 AM
It's not display, it's brood stock. Give it a year and there should more coral there than you could cram in a tank.

:cool:

kens1
10-20-2005, 10:56 PM
In a year my tank will already be full - I running out of room already.

albert_dao
10-20-2005, 11:10 PM
Heh, damn eh?