PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer for an eclipse

rudy
10-11-2005, 01:17 AM
I am keeping fish only in a 19 gallon eclipse so would like to keep the canopy on it. Is there any skimmer that will fit into this set up?

Only one so far is a lees air skimmer and it is just hanging in the front of tank so looks like crap. Anyone got a better idea?

Ruth
10-11-2005, 01:27 AM
I couldn't find one that I thought would do the trick on my 24g so what I decided was that I would just go ahead and buy a Remora and only use it during the day when I am at work. I take it off at night and put it in a bucket.

Bob I
10-11-2005, 05:06 PM
My question is why in the world would you worry about a skimmer :question: So far I have had great success with anything I wanted to keep without ever having a skimmer. This especially in a fish only tank. If worse comes to worse you could do water changes, which would be cost effective in a 19 gallon tank. :rolleyes:

rudy
10-12-2005, 04:32 AM
O.k. Bob. Here is why

The fish are cuttlefish :biggrin:

scub steve
11-09-2005, 12:18 AM
woah woah woah were did you get cuddle fish? i see lotsa people using eclipse tanks with no skimmer but thouse little squid must eat alot eh?

WWWD
11-09-2005, 12:22 AM
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67497&hl=current,and,usa,and,fission

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotuners/images/FissionNanoskimmer.jpg

Samw
11-09-2005, 05:29 AM
I ordered 2 of those fission skimmers. One is going into my 3.5G tank if it'll fit. I hate doing water changes and my 5 fish really put out a load in the nano tank.

Skimmerking
11-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Bob not everyone is like you having the perfect world keeping fish, But for your infor you are only keeping softies Right so why would you skim.

do us a favor and stop questioning everyone that wants to skim its getting really boring ... :rolleyes:

WWWD
11-10-2005, 01:31 AM
I ordered 2 of those fission skimmers. One is going into my 3.5G tank if it'll fit. I hate doing water changes and my 5 fish really put out a load in the nano tank.

its a pain doing any work on the tru vue nano's i hate even feeding the tank, i have to take hood off. i never added any fish for this reason.

Samw
11-10-2005, 01:57 AM
its a pain doing any work on the tru vue nano's i hate even feeding the tank, i have to take hood off. i never added any fish for this reason.

That's true. I'm looking for a funnel that I can attach to the tank so that I can feed the tank more easily. I can also remove the lid from my Aquaclear and put flakes into the unit and have the food fall into the tank that way.