PDA

View Full Version : flow and pump/overflow

fishguyxd
10-10-2005, 03:07 AM
I have a mag 9.5 on my 72 gal (3/4 line from pump) and from overflow it is (1 inch line). When I open the valve full or any over half from pump and try to get the overflow line to get a match of outflow (so water does not do a gurgle sound thing) it never seems to be able to match up and to say a best the valves are tight. I am afraid it might snap of at the bulkhead and glass area. is there a way or procedure I should do? currently it does not make any sound other than when it's time to topoff
but i am just trying to get more flow.

fishguyxd
10-10-2005, 05:14 PM
So any imput or idea's

totalpackage181
10-17-2005, 07:51 PM
post photos...do you use a stockman overflow?

mark
10-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Trying to figure overflow setups as well but why valves? Wouldn't you just have a gate value on the pump output to adjust flow to the point the overflow can keep up and rely on Stockman's etc to control noise.

MP

Abbyreefer
10-17-2005, 10:16 PM
I was getting same problem and this is what I figured out... 1st off I did a stockman mod as I couldn't fit a Durso in hang on overflow box, help BIGTIME.. now I figure that I have too much flow going into the over flow box so I do get a slight gurgle every once in a while so I'm going to go with a double overflow with double stockman hoping that will fix the problem all together... I did notice that when I slowed the flow (smaller u tube going to the stockman it was totally quiet so thats where I figure I need to 1" feed lines into the tank.
________
Yamaha XJ650 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_XJ650)