PDA

View Full Version : Coralife digital power center

Hanner
10-09-2005, 03:29 PM
does anyone us the Coralife digital power center here?? i have a question about it. is it possible to set to cycle like this...

actinic on 1 our before 10,000k
actinic, 10,000k on together
10,000k off but actinc stay on for an hour.
actinic off
lunar on.

from what i understatnd form the instructions the day outlets will just alternate with the night outlets. i guess my real question is; can i make this timer alternate between both day outlets?

or should i just buy the power center with the 2xmechanical timers and six day outlets?

sorry if this is confusing....im newby just starting up :redface:

thanks in advance,
-paul

Ruth
10-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Sorry that I can't help you but I bought 2 of those and never did figure out how to use them properly (the instructions confused me - not that it is a hard thing to accomplish)
I gave up and now just use the cheap box timers from Canadian tire or Walmart to set up my light schedule. I just hate that they are so huge and usually end up covering up more outlets on the power bar.

psuedo
10-09-2005, 04:57 PM
it is not possible to alternate the day outlets.
Your best bet would be to use that one for the lunar lights and the actinics, and get another few timers from Canadian tire and use them for your 10,000 k bulbs.

To use the Coralife unit properly in a reef with 3 different types of lights you need to use 2 coralife units.

That is what I found when using them

Hope this helps

WWWD
10-09-2005, 04:58 PM
are these the units that were catching fire a few years ago?

DanG
10-09-2005, 05:05 PM
are these the units that were catching fire a few years ago?

Exactly what I was thinking, but I couldn't find the thread. Didn't someone here have their house catch fire because of that?
My LFS has returned all of his Coralife stuff for this reason.

Hanner
10-09-2005, 05:08 PM
thanks for the replys!! is there another brand that can do a three light cycle in one unit??

-paul

Ruth
10-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Those are the units that were catching fire. I junked mine not because of this (I didn't know it at the time) but because I was too dumb to be able to figure out how to use them.