PDA

View Full Version : OIL!!!

muck
10-09-2005, 05:51 AM
Anyone else watch the oil beat the canucks in shoot out..?? :razz: :razz:
Damn was there a lot of penalties in that game.

http://www.muiscontrols.com/ryan/woohoo.gif

OCDP
10-09-2005, 06:16 AM
Yeah that was a pretty sweet game.. lots of good hits too haha... oilers did a good job I have to admit.. there was what.. 20 seconds left in the 3rd and they tied it up? impressive.

Funky_Fish14
10-09-2005, 07:19 AM
Two Words:

Georges Laraque!

Haha that guy is my hero...... well sorta... he speaks french too(like me) haha..

I didnt watch the game, infact I didnt even know they were playing tonight lol.

Congrats to them, Calgary has always been a good, even-level team, cant wait to see what the rest of the games look like between the flames and the oil!

Chris

Jack
10-09-2005, 07:38 AM
Shout-out is lame!

Edmonton Eskimo
10-09-2005, 02:58 PM
You'd be singing a different tune if your team had won!!! That was one of the best games I have ever seen. Go oilers Go!!!!!

DanG
10-09-2005, 03:08 PM
It was a great game, and edmonton would have dominated the canucks if they could stay out of the penalty box.

Go Canucks!

Edmonton Eskimo
10-09-2005, 03:21 PM
now that's a smart canucks fan :mrgreen: Just think we have to play each other 7 more times. There will be some nasty games this year!

Bob I
10-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Go Flames, GO :exclaim: :exclaim:

Manny
10-09-2005, 03:46 PM
it was a good game. some of those penalties were a little suspect. it seems you can't even touch the guy with your stick now. i think all the canadian teams are going to do really good this year. who knows, maybe we will have an all canadian stanley cup. :mrgreen:

Edmonton Eskimo
10-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Ya I thought some of those penalties in the third period were pretty bad but I guess that's the new nhl! That would be awesome to have an all canadian stanley cup. Edmonton vs Toronto with the oil bringing home the cup after a 4 game sweep!!!!

StirCrazy
10-09-2005, 04:22 PM
it was a good game. some of those penalties were a little suspect. it seems you can't even touch the guy with your stick now. :mrgreen:

you got it, Hooking, holding ect... are now automatic penalties. they are trying to speed up the game and let the skaters skate.

here is a quick list

1 Tie games are decided by a shootout
2 The two-line pass is legal.
3 Goaltender leg pads, blockers, catching gloves and jerseys are all cut down in size.
4 Goaltenders cannot handle the puck behind the goal line, except in a restricted area.

also if you are watching they reduced the distance behind the net to the boards and moved the blue line more towards center making a larger end zone.

we should be in for some high flying games where a fast team like the oilers will be able to fly (once they all get used to the new penality rules that is.)

Steve

DanG
10-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Some of those new rules were used in the AHL last year, and they worked out pretty good for us.

Nemo
10-10-2005, 12:14 AM
How about we need a new goalie, I have not like him since the day he arrived. Figured with Burke gone we may have taken the blinders off

StirCrazy
10-10-2005, 12:52 AM
How about we need a new goalie, I have not like him since the day he arrived. Figured with Burke gone we may have taken the blinders off

why he was awsome last night.. way better than his best preformance two years ago.

Steve

Manny
10-10-2005, 01:26 AM
he has such a bad rep. he is actually a really good golie. one of the best in the league. i don't know why everybody seems to think he sucks. maybe it was that one goal 3 years ago against the flyers that gave him his bad rep.

adidas
10-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Oilers.. booooooooooooooo :mrgreen: :razz:

Although, i was cheering for them in the game, down with the 'nucks hehe

adidas
10-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Go Flames, GO :exclaim: :exclaim:

Yes!!! GO FLAMES GO is right

OCDP
10-10-2005, 03:17 AM
lol people have really high expectations of the Flames this season... I mean, that's good support and I am sure it gets the team going.. but common... people think we're ugnna win the cup or something haha

StirCrazy
10-10-2005, 04:19 AM
he has such a bad rep. he is actually a really good golie. one of the best in the league. i don't know why everybody seems to think he sucks. .

well he did suck, for the last 3 seasons they played, he was inconsistant and only had the odd realy good game. but like I said sofar he is playing better than he ever has, hopefully he can keep it up.

Steve

adidas
10-10-2005, 04:29 AM
lol people have really high expectations of the Flames this season... I mean, that's good support and I am sure it gets the team going.. but common... people think we're ugnna win the cup or something haha

the real fans arent expecting a cup, just the bangwagoners lol

I'm just hoping for playoffs, one step at a time.

so, u a hockey fan scott?

Nemo
10-10-2005, 09:44 AM
How about he falls apart when it counts, or he is always hurt when it comes to the big games. It seems he is never able to finish a season without getting hurt.
And look at when he is hurt, as soon as a playoff series or a run to the playoffs is going bad he is hurt. Then when things are looking ok he is able to play again. A little to consistant for me.

StirCrazy
10-10-2005, 04:48 PM
or he is always hurt when it comes to the big games. It seems he is never able to finish a season without getting hurt.
And look at when he is hurt, as soon as a playoff series or a run to the playoffs is going bad he is hurt. Then when things are looking ok he is able to play again. A little to consistant for me.

well he did take a lot of injuries, maybe the year off has let him heal up totally.

Steve

Nemo
10-10-2005, 10:32 PM
If we go into the playoffs again and he jams out with injuries I will be at the head of the line giving him a bus ticket

reeferaddict
10-10-2005, 11:32 PM
So quick to jump on an individual playing a TEAM game... here's a stat for all you doubters - 2 goalies in the past 3 seasons with 30 or more wins... Cloutier, and BRODEUR... but yes, now he has to win the big ones too... we need to give him one more opportunity to do that... he's the best we've had since Kirk McLean, and ANY team in the league save New Jersey, Chicago, and Calgary would give their left one for him... :mrgreen:

Uhm... who the hell let the Oilers and Flames fans in anyways??? :razz:

StirCrazy
10-10-2005, 11:53 PM

don't start picking on Oilers fans, besides this is a thread about the Oilers incase you didn't read the title :mrgreen:

Steve

Edmonton Eskimo
10-11-2005, 05:35 AM
Another big win for the boys against anaheim tonight!!!!!

muck
10-11-2005, 05:42 AM
The Oil pull it off again 4 - 2 against the Mighty Ducks..

reeferaddict
10-11-2005, 10:16 AM

don't start picking on Oilers fans, besides this is a thread about the Oilers incase you didn't read the title :mrgreen:

Steve

And all I heard was blah blah blah..... :razz:

Doug
10-27-2005, 01:48 PM
The Oil pull it off again 4 - 2 against the Mighty Ducks..

So how come no posts lately. :biggrin:

Just teasing. :smile:

reeferaddict
10-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Funny you should say that Doug.... Alberta hockey fans sure are mighty quiet these days.... :razz:

Finally! After years of watching futility on the west coast and great success out there.... the tables have turned... :mrgreen:

Edmonton Eskimo
10-27-2005, 11:01 PM
let's not get excited quite yet it's still early in the season. It sure would be nice to win again before october is over.

Doug
10-28-2005, 01:42 PM
:biggrin: he,he. Should not have said anything reeferaddict. Seems like posting here, puts a jinx on their team. :smile:

Go Jets, er Coyotes or whatever. :lol:

Manny
10-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Calgary and Edmonton's points combined are still less than Vancouver's. :mrgreen:

Bob I
10-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Yes not a good start, but both Calgary, and Edmonton tend to finish strong whereas Vancouver tends to crap out. We will see later. :biggrin: