PDA

View Full Version : I Need NEW LIGHTS opinions????

geopod
10-08-2005, 07:13 PM
I will be back home in early Nov.Now when I get back I want to get MH lights ...BUT....I have a 4' coral life 4x65w PC fixture on it.Can I somehow add some MH to that or would I have to get someone to modify it to fit with MH or Should I just buy new lights and sell off these oones?The tank is 4' long as well 90gal and 2'tall.I need some opinions from you folks.There really isnt room to leave the PC fixture in there and adding 2 MH as well.I think there would be shadows.
oh ya looking to upgrade on the skimmer as well.Anyone gonna be selling a skimmer soon?

george

Oopppss Did I just post to the wrong spot?

reeferaddict
10-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Ya ya did.... but someone will move it... :biggrin:

What are you keeping? Your fixture will be fine for softies, but not near enough if you want to keep LPS, SPS, clams or anemones...

DanG
10-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I've got a similar fixture, and thought about removing the 10k and replacing with a MH bulb, but there's not really enough air movement to get rid of the heat in the fixture. So I went with T5's instead.

christyf5
10-09-2005, 12:00 AM
moved to Reef forum :razz:

geopod
10-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Dan, I have just about 2' of clearance in the top of of canopy.I would have enough room for a mixed fixture of PC and MH and a fan or two.This is not my area of expertise Thats why I came to the forum for the advice.IRight now I have LPS SPS and softies in the tank and they are all doing great but I do want more lighting just to make sure.

Thanks Christy for moving this.

george