PDA

View Full Version : goodie or baddy?

fishface
10-08-2005, 03:50 AM
anyone tell me this?? i know it's kinda blurry but appreciate any feedback.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/finface/sortme.jpg

marie
10-08-2005, 04:03 AM
It looks like the nudibranch I found eating my colt coral. I would say bad

christyf5
10-08-2005, 04:13 AM
If you value your softies you'll remove it. It ate a good part of one of my colts before I realized it. The colt didn't recover :evil:

Heres a link:

http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet.cfm?base=triteleg

Theres some posts at the bottom of the article with more information. :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-08-2005, 04:13 AM
There's a species (maybe more than one) of white nudibranch that are known coral eaters. I vote - Bad.

Anthony

fishface
10-08-2005, 04:17 AM
thanks you guys...i was wondering who was chompin my GSP for the last few weeks or so, guess that's who it was! :eek: he's never shown his face until a few days ago. anyhow he's a goner, thanks for your help all!

ps thats exactly what it was christy!

christyf5
10-08-2005, 04:23 AM
Make sure you keep an eye out for any more, there may be more than one (I only had one in my tank, good thing as it did enough damage all by itself).

Christy :)

jws444
10-08-2005, 05:29 AM
It's funny how a lot of nudibranchs look like what they eat. Doesn't that look exactly like colt polyps?! I had a bunch of zoo eating nudis before and they had extentions exactly like the zoos with the same colour as well. Took me 2 months to even see they were there because the zoos started closing. I was looking at my zoos daily and didn't even see them.

christyf5
10-08-2005, 05:31 AM
It's funny how a lot of nudibranchs look like what they eat. Doesn't that look exactly like colt polyps?! I had a bunch of zoo eating nudis before and they had extentions exactly like the zoos with the same colour as well. Took me 2 months to even see they were there because the zoos started closing. I was looking at my zoos daily and didn't even see them.

Hehe, for about a month I thought my colt coral was growing me a little baby until I saw the little baby crawling along the front glass one morning :rolleyes: :razz:

Funky_Fish14
10-08-2005, 05:49 AM
I had one of those(exactly the same) and he did no damage whatsoever for a few months, although there was a small colt coral frag that slowly dissapeared while he was in there so he was likely the culprit. Mine did no other damage though.

Chris