PDA

View Full Version : FS- Frogfish

deep6er
10-07-2005, 08:08 PM
I have got a Frog fish for sale. It's about 8" long and well is really cool looking. That is the only way to decribe it.
If you have a large tank and are able to feed it. I dont have a picture of it but this is what it looks like.
http://www.reefseekers.com/PIXPAGES/Frogfish_1.jpg
$200 obo.

geopod
10-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Wow that is too cool.Where on earth did you ever get that from?What do they eat.It looks like something you would find in a movie.

george

deep6er
10-08-2005, 06:09 AM
They are very cool. Well its not mine it is a good friend of mine he has it in a big tank and he wants to put other fish in it, for some reason they all got eaten. He feeds him small fish like guppies of goldfish, fresh shrimp stuff like that.

ldzielak
10-08-2005, 04:53 PM
How much does he want? I have a 180g Fish only that could be suitable.

Would also like to know how well trained is he to eat?

Lee

deep6er
10-08-2005, 06:28 PM
I will find out for you and get back to you soon.

digitalsteve
10-09-2005, 01:01 AM
not to flame anyone but those guys are really a species only tank , they will eat everything that it can fit into its mouth and even then it will give a go at most things moving. If you really are interested in this fish i suggest you check out www.grimreefers.com and do a lot of research first. thay are great fish but definately need to be handled with care.

Sorry for hijacking your post

deep6er
10-09-2005, 02:04 AM
I do agree with you digitalsteve. This fish in NOT for the beginer.

ldzielak
10-11-2005, 04:42 AM
I'm not a beginner, but thanks for the concern, there are many newbies around. Grimms is a good site, found them a while back when I was looking into frogs and morays...

I have an almost empty 180g tank tied into the same water sytem as my 180g reef. I have a single 6" Koran Angel right now. I would have to see the 8" frog fish and see the size of his mouth. Depending on if he would try to take on an Angel his size.

I would not think the frog fish would be a messy fish, like triggers. So could be a better fit for my combined system. I don't plan on having any small fish. And undecided on what fish I will put in the tank.

I travel during the week and want something that is easy to feed for my wife.

Always looking for good fish (big ones) from others, rather than the LFS route.

Lee

deep6er
10-14-2005, 06:49 AM
Well I have seen him eat and his mouth is huge he could eat your angel and have room for more. Let me know lee if you still want him or want to see him because I have someone else interested in it.