PDA

View Full Version : Which LFS has Anemones in Vancouver? What to buy one

HimSelf
10-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone going to come over to Vancouver this weekend and looking to pick up an anemone.

Has anyone see anything at LFS or have one they want to sell?

Any info would help

Cheers :biggrin:

dirtyreefer
10-05-2005, 12:19 AM
$55 at J&L's

http://www.jlaquatics.com/static/livestock/noteworthy.htm

Diana
10-05-2005, 03:46 AM
I just got a great looking bubbletip at Big Als for $16.99!!!!!!!! I know i couldnt believe it either! So far its doing pretty good too... looking much better than it did in the store.

I think that was just a weekend special and they are back to thier original pricetag of $30... but thats still better than $55 at J&L (and thats only for the greeny ones... the red ones are $99).

But, shopping around is best.... they are much bigger at J&L so maybe thats what your paying for.

-Diana

fakename
10-05-2005, 05:37 AM
In my experience J&L has good prices on hardware and pretty expensive livestock.......their stuff is quite nice though and they do have some REALLY big anemones in there right now.

Also if you have never been to J&Ls before prepare yourself for some really rude treatment. Some members of their staff will treat everyone they don't know like a moron and pretend that they are doing you a really big favour in taking your money......that's my experience with the place anyways.......I go back because they have nice stuff though.

HimSelf
10-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Wow that was a great price for BTAs Diana. I'm happy for ya :biggrin: I'm going to Big Al's and try my luck this weekend :mrgreen: