PDA

View Full Version : Bristleworms

three dawgs
10-04-2005, 04:06 AM
My 33 gal hex tank is being over run by these $#^%$#%'s. Are they bad? And how do you get rid of them. Tank has an anenome, blue damsel and a pair of clowns

Murminator
10-04-2005, 04:12 AM
They are actually good for your tank personally I don't like them either, cut back on your feeding then there is less hitting the bottom for them to feed off. Then I think they must turn into cannibals I was severely over run by them now I'm lucky to see 1 or 2 a week.

three dawgs
10-04-2005, 04:23 AM
will they affect the tank? Like do harm to the anenome?

Bob I
10-04-2005, 03:08 PM
They do no harm. They are beneficial scavengers. They are ugly, and can grow very large. :mrgreen:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-04-2005, 04:41 PM
When you pick up your corals & LR, be careful to where those long gloves or you might get bristles in your finger tips. Itch like crazy but not very painful. They're nasty in seahorse tanks due to the need to feed frequently, but in a tank that's not fed heavily, bristleworms should not become a problem. Still, my wife hates them with a passion, while I mostly hate the big suckers because I've seen them attack sleeping seahorses.

Anthony

geopod
10-05-2005, 03:25 AM
Man, I used to have the same problem before I moved from Nova Scotia to Edmonton.I used to have hundreds of them in my tank.Anytime feed was there they were out like crazy.Now that I moved I think most died off cause now I only see maybe 1 or 2 once in awhile.But there is no cause for concern as like evryone says here they are beneficial for the tank.

curlingchick
10-05-2005, 04:04 AM
i have a bunch of the ungly things in my 5.5 gal tank, im thinking about sending some of them over to my 66 gal tank to clean up there since all of justins cleaner shrinp died and the decoractor crabs dont seem to be doing there jobs right now. hopefully i will not kill them moving.

april