PDA

View Full Version : New LFS in Nanaimo?

HimSelf
10-03-2005, 03:19 AM
I was driving home and swinged in to that little plaza by Country Club mall there for some thing to eat and then I saw this little fish store. I ran in and was sad that there was no salt water set up. However I talked (more like writting since the owner is mute) to the owner and he told me he was going to get 5 tank set up for salt in 3-4 weeks!!! :biggrin:

Does anyone know this store? Maybe we can have some selection in Nanaimo :eek:

Cheers

christyf5
10-03-2005, 03:34 AM
Yeah I drove by as well, but they were closed. Discus and Beachwear. Quite the combo :wink:

BCWolfen
10-03-2005, 03:39 AM
Ya it right around the corner from me. Haven't bothered going in due to the fact the sign said Discus and beachwear. Thought it was Kinda weird.

Was in MFT and today as well and they are looking at another 3-4 weeks before they have their SW section back up and running.

Chaloupa
10-03-2005, 05:44 AM
is/was the guys name Duncan? I bought some Discus from a guy named Duncan in Nanaimo that was deaf and we had to write out our correspondance about a year ago from his home....sounds like it could be him?

christyf5
10-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Yep thats him :biggrin:

HimSelf
10-03-2005, 06:27 PM
He told me that he will only buy fish from breeders and not wild. I was wondering then what kind of selection are we going to have on salt water?

Maybe he can change his mind on that one :confused:

TNTCanada
10-04-2005, 01:20 AM
My brother breeds Discus with Duncan and was helping him set up his store. I told him if he wants some customers to get into some marine tanks. He said he would think about it. Last I heard he was going to do it.

Cheers
Tyler