PDA

View Full Version : Seeing whats out there

StirCrazy
09-30-2005, 03:55 AM
Does anyone have any dead/base rock they would want to sell/trade for live rock. I don't mean the little rubble you can get but maybe a tank that was taken down and the rock left to dry out. I want to get rid of my algae on my rocks but I don't have the time or space to "cook" it so I was thinking if some one else was looking at setting up a tank and already had some nice interesting shaped dead rock we could make a deal. I think all together I am looking for about 150 lbs of it.

Steve

GobiGurl
09-30-2005, 04:08 AM
Griffin has 5-6 large pieces. (I've got him tied up right now ahem....) :razz: free of charge if your coming this way or if anyones going to victoria.

If you are coming this way, my sister purchased something for me in the Colwood area.

Lynn (for Griffin)

StirCrazy
09-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Griffin has 5-6 large pieces. (I've got him tied up right now ahem....) :razz: free of charge if your coming this way or if anyones going to victoria.

If you are coming this way, my sister purchased something for me in the Colwood area.

Lynn (for Griffin)

that would be great, at worst if no one is going over I will be in Burnaby for a week around the end of November so if you still need stuff brought to your side I could do it then. I am sure people will be going through be for then though. thanks Lynn/Griffin.

Steve

marie
09-30-2005, 02:10 PM
I have a bunch of dead rock, I was told it was about 200lbs but you would have to come up here to get it

Griffin
09-30-2005, 06:01 PM
I will hold the Rock for you steve and if i find anyone coming your way i will send it with them. :biggrin:
I know i can get the rock to saltspring on thanksgiving weekend :lol:
Maybe i could box it up and put it on the ferry anyways under your name - it ends up in victoria anyways - i know they have a bin that they take heavy stuff to when foot traffic gets off. You could always just meet that ferry and pick it up -
Let me know

cheers
Rich

StirCrazy
10-01-2005, 12:56 AM
IMaybe i could box it up and put it on the ferry anyways under your name - it ends up in victoria anyways - i know they have a bin that they take heavy stuff to when foot traffic gets off. You could always just meet that ferry and pick it up -
Let me know

cheers
Rich

thank Rich, as for the ferry thing, don't waist your time, they won't let it go unaccompanied, I tried that once :mrgreen: I think Adam was going to Van this weekend but I don't know how busy his plans were. besides if I get my course at the end of November it will give me an excuse to see some other peoples tanks on that side of the pond :mrgreen:

Steve

StirCrazy
10-01-2005, 12:56 AM
I have a bunch of dead rock, I was told it was about 200lbs but you would have to come up here to get it

Hmmm how long of a drive is it from Vancouver? :mrgreen:

Steve

marie
10-01-2005, 01:10 AM

Hmmm how long of a drive is it from Vancouver? :mrgreen:

Steve

Quicker to drive up island and cross over on the ferry at comox :lol:

ldzielak
10-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Marie,

Is the rock copper free? Setup my FOWLR tank 2 weeks ago, had to steal rock from my reef. Now I really could use 200lbs.

Lee

marie
10-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Marie,

Is the rock copper free? Setup my FOWLR tank 2 weeks ago, had to steal rock from my reef. Now I really could use 200lbs.

Lee
I don't think so, but I don't know for sure,the guy who had it did have softies in his tank. I have used about 10lbs of it and my shrimp, urchin and snails are still alive.

ldzielak
10-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Marie,

Well I should be over that way in 2 weeks. Maybe I could have a look.

Lee

marie
10-02-2005, 05:20 AM
Just checked back with the guy that used to have the rock and he said copper was never used :biggrin:

ldzielak
10-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Cool well count me in on all that you don't want. I could take it all and split it up with Steve.

How much would you want for it?

Lee

StirCrazy
11-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Well I picked up my package from Lynn and Rich today (thanks to Adam for grabbing it for me while he was in Van) and I have to say thanks. there are 5 chunks of deicent size dead rock that is exactly what I was looking for. Only 50lbs more to go now :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Steve