PDA

View Full Version : Dang, Another Video :)

Beverly
09-29-2005, 03:43 AM
Have lately been involved in an RC thread on "Home Reef Videos" and before I knew it, I got caught up in The Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil" bake off, er, I mean, video challenge :biggrin:

This new video weighs in at 31.5 MB, smaller than anticipated, but still a whopper :eek: :razz:

The subjects are my 67g's meagre corals, an ocellaris clown pair, two cleaner shrimp, and a legion of snails that traverse everywhere....

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/sympathy.wmv

Hope you stop dancing long enough to view the video :Fade-col:

Beermaster
09-29-2005, 03:56 AM
Great job, video looks awsome!!!!!!!!!! personally i would use more fading then transitions IMO

Matt
09-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi,

Thanks for posting that. It looks like you've found a great new hobby to complement the reefing! I enjoyed watching it.

I'd agree with BeerMaster that the transitions are pretty distracting. I'm not a video guy, but from a layman's view, I'd prefer jumpcuts, and a lot more of them for a music video.

Best regards,
Matthew

Beverly
09-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks, Mark and Matthew, for the compliments and constructive criticism :cool:

Have made a number of videos over the past few weeks, and have used mostly "fade" transitions in them. Thought I would use one "special" transition throughout this new video, with alternating segments having the "special" transitions in reverse. But they're too distracting, huh :confused:

Mark, what are "jumpcuts"?

Am reworking the video with fades (a PITA task), as suggested, and will post it when it's complete. Would then appreciate comparison comments :smile:

Beermaster
09-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Bev, not sure what he ment by jumpcuts, maybe he ment no transition at all, just BANG next shot lol

i know changing it all is a PIA but i personally would think it would flow nicer

Beverly
09-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Oops :redface: I mixed up Mark with Matthew :redface: You guys with your Biblical names :razz: Sorry about that :neutral:

Anyway, Mark, when you say it will "flow nicer", do you mean that the video starts and stops, or has jerky movment, when played? If that is the case, I had that experience with a long, large video on the RC thread. I finally just let it download and play through once while I was out of the room. When I came back to play it the second time, it flowed beautifully.

I'm not having any difficulty having my current video play at all, and I have to download it from the same server (not our own) that you do.

Am getting ready to take a hammer to my computer doing the remake, however :evil:

Do appreciate your comments, though :smile:

Beermaster
09-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Well Bev if you ever need help with your computer, just give me a pm

What i ment with it flowing nicer is the switching between clips, the video ran fine on my computer, I am just not one for lots of funky transitions

Beverly
09-30-2005, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the offer of help :smile:

It's actually the video editor program that's messing up. Some funny glitch has reared it's ugly head. Have seen it before. Nothing's going to help that except the steps I'm already taking. Plus a reboot right away for good measure :razz: