PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new guitar! Thoughts?

Coldwater
09-25-2005, 05:23 AM
Well for the past two months I have been sort of saving my money for a new guitar. I think I am going to go with a BC Rich I like the Beast model by them. Also I a going to buy the Death Metal pedal. Anyone who plays guitar out there have any thoughts or words for me? Thanks. Maybe a bigger amp would be cool to...

Matt

Tarolisol
09-25-2005, 06:15 AM
BC rich has some good guitars but there not really my style. Beast is just a shape you still need to decide on a guitar. There good well made though. If you want a wicked amp look for tube amps there are the best. at least i think so but there expensive.

Invigor
09-25-2005, 07:36 PM
for an amp, get whatever you can afford. unless you're planning on doing a lot of live shows, most amps will do what you want. Just stay away from fender amps, they kinda stink.

if you're a bedroom player(like me), a guitar simulator might be up your alley. I use a V-AMP2 and just hook it through my computer speakers (wharfedale desktop speakers). I've got a 400w 8 channel yorkville mixer for when I want it to get screaming loud.

I play a fender strat and it does what I need to.

Troy F
09-26-2005, 02:28 PM
I've played on a few guitars over the years and my favourite was a Yamaha. Can't remember the model but it was a Les Paul shape but with a cut out on the top as well as bottom. It just had beautiful action.

Tarolisol
09-26-2005, 05:03 PM
It sounds like you are into the metal bands. If so i would look at ESP as well some of there models are just built for that. I have an ESP and its wicked for the hardcore stuff.

Van down by the river
09-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Check out Westcoast Guitars.
Glen has helped me out many times over the years.
They have the personal touch and care about their customers alot more than some of the big music stores and snobby staff.

http://www.westcoastguitars.com/index.htm

James

Invigor
09-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Check out Westcoast Guitars.
Glen has helped me out many times over the years.
They have the personal touch and care about their customers alot more than some of the big music stores and snobby staff.

http://www.westcoastguitars.com/index.htm

James

neat, he sells brian moore guitars, and I have a friend endorsed by BMG :D

oh neat, al pitrelli uses BM guitars too!

Xtasia
09-26-2005, 09:01 PM
don't do it. It takes away from your reefkeeping time :P

kidding.. Sounds awesome.

saltynuts
09-26-2005, 09:36 PM
I play on a Jackson very nice and not to heavy! when i play the hard stuff it sounds good. And i use a marshall amp at home and a half stack when i play with a band! GO HARD OR GO HOME! :lol:

Invigor
09-26-2005, 09:55 PM
a pre-fender or post-fender jackson :eek:

OCDP
09-27-2005, 01:36 AM
..... where are all the drummers :rolleyes:

medic_eva
09-28-2005, 12:11 AM
drummers? i thought drummers were just the roadies for the guitarist and bass players! hehe
one word for guitars, IBANEZ!!!

Invigor
09-28-2005, 12:19 AM
drummers? i thought drummers were just the roadies for the guitarist and bass players! hehe
one word for guitars, IBANEZ!!!

I dunno about that..I sent back a $2100 ibanez because nobody in town could get it setup to play as nicely as my $300 fender. :confused: too bad, it was a gorgeous guitar.

adidas
09-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Roland Cube amp is a sweet sounding, small amp... i had one and loved it. I had a Santana SE guitar, sweet guitar for under $1000.

Invigor
10-02-2005, 10:58 PM
so outta all you guitarists...who can teach me to sweep pick? :mrgreen:

Coldwater
10-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Thanks for all the replys. Made me think a little more about what I want. so outta all you guitarists...who can teach me to sweep pick?

I can teach you but it wont be cheap :mrgreen: . Seriously just google the word and some pretty good sites come up. Thanks again everyone.

Matt