PDA

View Full Version : Car Navigation

leslr
09-23-2005, 03:00 AM
Hi Guys.
Anyone have any experience or know someone with the Microangilo? Navigation box that you can fit in your car/truck. I understand that you can fit one in on your dash and download an address/s you what to go to and it will show you the route to take to get there on a little colored screen. My better half and myself plan on taking a trip down through the states and back up to Alberta and then back home to good ole Victoria, and thought this might be worthwhile to check out. They have them at london Drugs but the person there didn't know anything about them.
So any help or advice would be much apprec:).
TIA
Dave.

BMW Rider
09-23-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm not familiar with the unit that you are looking at, but I have used GPS for navigation. I have a Garmin Streetpilot unit that I use on my motorcycle, and sometimes in the car. They are excellent devices, but are only as good as the map data that is stored in them. If the data is out of date or incomplete, it is not much good. I have map sets for Canada and US that I can load onto data cards. They are extremely detailed and accurrate right down to street adresses. The unit I have does not do the auto-routing very well, but newer units are much better at it.

Another option you might consider if you have a laptop you can use is the Microsoft Streets and Trips software with the GPS reciever. It plugs into a USB port and turns you computer into a moving map GPS unit.