PDA

View Full Version : Needing Volunteers to help me setup my 75

Petcrazy
09-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Alright, I've gotten sick and tired of my 25 gallon tall reef for numerous reasons...so it's time to get off my rear and do something about it. (With a little help of course…)

I have a 75 gallon tank with a 30 gallon 'sump' sitting in my entrance way that needs to be setup...problem? I have no idea how to do the plumbing.
I’ve got all the parts (Pics of them in DIY somewhere I think); I just need someone with the knowledge to help me put it together.

I've never done a sump system before, and rather than flooding my entrance way, I'd like to do this safely.

I'm sure my fish and corals would much prefer the 75 since they are preeetty crowded right now...(problem with buying mounted corals are they come with rock...rock takes up room..and a 25 gallon tall doesn't have that much space for it when you started with 32 pounds of live rock years ago.)

I'm also wondering if anyone can help me speed up this cycling process...with established live sand to sell or cured live rock that has already been through your systems etc. Water, whatever...(Without evil hitchhikers of course….)

So...in short, if anyone has the knowledge, lives nearby and wouldn't mind lending this little reefer a hand, she would really appreciate it.

Anyways, this little reefer has to go aquascape her rock all over again...since last night I had to tear up the tank to find an evil hitchhiker. Then I've got to do some coursework...before heading to someones house to help them setup a freshwater tank

(I'm setting up a better home for their angel fish...which are currently in a 10 gallon (grrrrrr) but being moved to a 33.)

Xtasia
09-20-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't know anything about plumbing or lights, but I can come hang out and keep you and your volunteer company...

I'm pretty good with laying out rock work too if you want an "eye".

I can also bring you water...

LMK girl...

Petcrazy
09-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks Ivy.
I appreciate it...true enough, you have a better 'eye' for rock work etc...
While I'm more 'if it stays put...that'll work" LOL

hockey nut
09-21-2005, 12:05 AM
When were you thinking?

Would like to help. :biggrin:

Xtasia
09-21-2005, 01:33 AM
That's really nice of you C... :)

Petcrazy
09-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Hey
Thanks Hockey Nut
I was hoping to do it...maybe...this weekend
At least I don't think I arranged for anything this weekend (other than studying)..and as of next week I'm back at work.
Which means my schedule will be pretty packed after that.
Sooo..yeah...hopefully this weekend.

Petcrazy
09-21-2005, 02:27 AM
hmmm...perhaps we don't need as many people as I'm thinking.

Ivy is mandatory-Because she's my friend and has a good 'eye'...

Hockey Nut- He's nice, I've met him before. Ivy knows him, he lives nearby, good with hardware, and well...he's into helicopters..which means my father won't mind him being here. (My father is an aircraft nut...RC now though.)...

Troy, I totally appreciate the offer, but you only have to come if you want since Hockey Nut will be there. An extra brain is always appreciated (this also goes for brain corals!) (Well, it's Troy's Wife's birthday sooooo he won't be able to make it)

This also reminds me, I need a loooong power chord and bar since the power outlet is on the opposite side of the room.
Anything safe from home depot that I can get that'll run all the equipment?

hockey nut
09-21-2005, 03:30 AM
you have PM