PDA

View Full Version : Ritteri anemone to good home

Delphinus
09-19-2005, 03:50 AM
Ok. I've had this anemone for almost 5 years, it's been a great ride. But the anemone is not happy in my 90g and I'm not sure I can set up a better tank for it soon enough. Thus - I'm going to float this idea out for the moment:

If a person who was interested in keeping this anemone can demonstrate to me:

1) They have a proper and appropriate home for it,

2) They can take it ASAP,

... Then they can have this anemone for free.

I'm sorry, but given the size of this anemone, and the complications involved, I cannot realistically entertain the notion of shipping.

Old picture, but here is a picture I happen to have online:
http://members.shaw.ca/hobiesailor/aquaria/anemones/ritteri-frontview.JPG

Be advised that this anemone, although currently only about 18"-20" in diameter, can expand to 24" if happy (it sure likes sunlight).

Also be advised that it is capable of killing an entire tank of fish, if distressed.

This has to be a very carefully measured choice and it must be going only to an appropriate tank. Large space available to it, strong lighting and strong alternating currents are a must.

ungp
09-19-2005, 04:12 AM
man, if i only have a bigger tank.
It looks good Tony. sorry to hear that u're letting it go...

Ruth
09-19-2005, 04:16 AM
Boy I would take that in a flash if I lived in Calgary. I think he would be very happy in my 230.
Beautiful anemone!

mr_alberta
09-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Sorry to hear you're parting with it Tony. It is a beauty! Does that mean you'll have to change your avatar now???? :mrgreen:

Richer
09-19-2005, 04:38 AM
Oh wow, if I had my tank running, I'd ditch all my corals and take that :eek:

Hope it goes to a good home!

-Rich

Delphinus
09-19-2005, 04:43 AM
So do I. :frown: I love it, but I can't bear to see it wandering my 90g looking for better lighting and better currents. I've gotten a few leads on my search for a cube tank but the more I think about it, the more I realize 24" square isn't going to cut it for a long-term solution. I've had a few msgs about "friends of friends" who have 30" cubes for sale but until someone gives me a name or gets those people to get in touch with me, I can't really count on that solution coming into realisation soon enough. I need a solution and quick.

adidas
09-19-2005, 05:18 AM
oh man tony....why can't you wait a few months :razz: :mrgreen: i'd love that anemone... :cool:

Delphinus
09-21-2005, 05:10 AM
Have found a new home for the ritteri, have a new tank now to set up.

Thanks to all who PM'd.