PDA

View Full Version : has anyone seen thease in a local non aquadic related store?

StirCrazy
03-12-2002, 10:11 PM
Flexible Ball-Socket Joint Tubing & Accessories
is what i am looking for to make my return nozzels out of.. we have a bunch at work that we are throwing in the garbage but they have cutting fluid all through them and no one can rememner whare they were bought.
if you want to see a pic you can check out HERE (http://www.marinedepot.com/a_ft_2.asp?CartId=#bh) , this will give you a idea what I am talking about.. scroll down a tiny bit on the page

Steve

Silverfish
03-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Hey Steve, haven't seen any, but I will keep my eyes open for some.
BTW, what size are the ones you have at work that are going in the garbage and can you grab a couple for me? (I don't mind the cutting fluid)

terryp01
03-12-2002, 10:50 PM
www.petwarehouse.com (http://www.petwarehouse.com) has them. Also, there are a number of people on the net that sell them.

If you cannot locate them, drop me a line.

StirCrazy
03-13-2002, 12:03 AM
what you going to use them for Bruce? sure when I order new replacement types I will grab some of the old ones for ya.. they have a 1/4" NPT on the end, I think. I have to check again tomorrow as we are ordering metal ones to replace them as the students are a little heavy handed in there adjustments and keep poping them off.. well you can imagin the mess LOL

can the cutting fluid be cleaned out of the plastic good enuf to be used? it is a water soluable oil.. hmmm

Steve

titus
03-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Hello,

Man, isn't it sucks that we always have trouble obtaining parts? I can't think of any one item that I use were made in Canada. All material, acrylic sheet, tube, screws, gate valves, nipples, jaco fittings, poly-vinyl tubes. Even the machines, routers, table saw, etc. My goodness. The list goes on.

StirCrazy
03-13-2002, 10:20 AM
and it is even worse on the Island Titus, everyone wants to rip you off by jackingup the prrice so much that it is way cheeper on the mainland but just cheep enuf it isn't worth the ferry cost. or they won't bring stuff in unless you buy a certin amount. that reflector material was a example, I neeeded 3'x 3' but they wouldent bring a full sheet to the island and have the rest sitting in there shop so I had to buy a 10' x 4' sheet.
Thats how it is over here and I am gettting sick of never being able to find anything I want, or haveing to order it in (not just with fish stuf, this is for my ordering at work also) I like to buy local if I can.

Steve