PDA

View Full Version : Sequence hammerhead pump

Ruth
09-18-2005, 03:19 PM
OK dumb question....but it the shoe fits......... Anyway I am wondering how you know if a pump is pressure rated? I have the above pump and read the doohicky on the side of the pump and the manual that came with it and nowhere (that I can figure out) does it say. Can someone help?

Invigor
09-18-2005, 03:35 PM
I dunno, but this is it's curve:

http://www.saltycritter.com/images/pics/sequence/sequence-reefflo-hammerhead-curve.jpg

:mrgreen:

also from looking, sequence's pressure rated pumps aren't reeflo's, but "uno"s.

your pump would definately be mighty enough to do anything I would ever need.

Ruth
09-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Well why I was wondering is that if I .......gulp.........get up enough nerve to drill my tank I was going to use penductors on the returns and apparently you need a pressure rated pump for that.

Invigor
09-18-2005, 03:45 PM
ahh yes, I couldn't use those with my ampmaster 3000, because of that reason..there's that sweetspot in the pressure that makes them work...let me see if I can't find out what it is..

mr_alberta
09-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Penductors will work on that pump, just not at its full potential. Alternatively, you could get a few smaller pressure rated pumps and penductors and you would probably achieve the same thing as what you want now. Or another thing you could do is getting an even bigger pump, and not use penductors :mrgreen:

Ruth
09-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Holy crap - bigger pump - this thing is a monster. What other pump would you suggest? Also what pumps are pressure rated? I am pretty sure I will just use this one - scrap the penductor idea (for once I haven't ordered them first). So what I think I will do is try to drill my tank......use this pumps with regular returns......and use 2 Tunze 6200 for additional flow. If I chicken out on the drilling I am going to use 4 of the Tunzes.

Invigor
09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Performance – The flow rate through the eductor is dependent upon the pressure available from the circulation pump. Most systems are the most energy efficient in the 10 to 15 PSI areas. (23 to 35 feet of pressures). The ratio of pumped vs. circulated will remain the same independent upon the amount of solution being pumped through the nozzle (orifice).

sorry, no luck, that pump quits working at the minimum requirements for penductors. :sad:

mr_alberta
09-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Holy crap - bigger pump - this thing is a monster. What other pump would you suggest? Also what pumps are pressure rated? I am pretty sure I will just use this one - scrap the penductor idea (for once I haven't ordered them first). So what I think I will do is try to drill my tank......use this pumps with regular returns......and use 2 Tunze 6200 for additional flow. If I chicken out on the drilling I am going to use 4 of the Tunzes.

Wow, 4 Tunze's. That'll be pretty nice. Are you sure you want that large of a return pump? You'll have to battle a lot of noise and bubbles....

Ruth
09-18-2005, 05:30 PM
OK your going to have to help me here. It will not be a return pump it will be for a closed loop so the noise I get but why would it have lots of micro bubbles on a loop as long as the inputs are sufficient size to allow a constant supply of water?

mr_alberta
09-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Hi Ruth,

Sorry, I misunderstood your intentions for the pump. I thought you were going to use that as your return pump from your sump and have the Tunze Streams in your tank.

Invigor
09-18-2005, 06:26 PM
yikes, that thing on a closed loop and you want MORE?! :eek:

Ruth
09-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Ya but I am splitting it 8 ways - first into an OM 4way and then each 4 way split again so it is going to be pretty dispursed.