PDA

View Full Version : Urchin to good home, or loan

Petcrazy
09-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey everyone,
After having my little spike for a few years....I've decided I need to find him a new home or to lend him out (I love him, I'm having a hard time letting go here...)

I would like to find him a good home, preferably in a 'fish only' tank...(not a tank where he will be eaten mind you...). One with a lot of algae, he does eat algae...how do I know? I've seen him do it. He'll even climb into my filter if there is algae in there...it's kind of funny finding him in the aquaclear.

I've seen him grow from a little dude to the size he is today (larger than a toonie....but not too big. Almost as big as the photo)

If someone local wants to borrow him, please let me know.
Pick up only and I need a couple days in advance at least so I can catch him. He doesn't always hang out in the easiest of places....

-PC
Oh, this is what he looks like

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/Petcrazy/myurchin2.jpg

Xtasia
09-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Looks cool renee.. sorry to see you part with it!

hockey nut
09-18-2005, 06:31 AM
what kind of algea does he eat?

Petcrazy
09-18-2005, 08:14 AM
I've only noticed him eating regular every day type green algae. Hair algae not so much....I wouldn't doubt he nibbles on coraline on occasion but typically he's wherever regular green algae is....

I think getting two turbos in a 25 gallon was a weee bit overkill.

He doesn't like it as much when it's a slim coat that you are just beginning to see, I think he likes it more when its a bit thicker or when it's been conveniently collected (makes his life easy...goes to wherever the magna float is LOL)

I wish I had my 75 running, I'm sure it would have been able to sustain them all.