PDA

View Full Version : ACRO 911

Scavenger
09-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Need a little help please.

One of my acros took a tumble the other day and I believe it passed by and contacted hammer, zoos and mushrooms on it's way to the sandbed.
I replaced it and it seemed to be fine. Then the freakin powerhead fell off suction cups ( I suspect I brushed it and loosened it replacing acro. It fell off later) and blasted it for at least 1 hour. At that point I noticed some tissue loss on one side. Today that tissue loss has spread to about 1/3 the whole colony.

OK so here's my dilemna. This poor little guy has been through hell these last couple days. I really don't know what to do. Do I have toxins from other corals, RTN, blasted off tissue or all of the above. I'd hate to loose this guy, so I'm wondering if I should frag him, leave him and hope for the best or what.

Damn when it rains, it pours. I don't really know if it will recover from the multitude of stresses it endured for the last few days.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

marie
09-17-2005, 02:10 AM
I would personaly, put it in a spot with good water flow, whisper sweet nothings to it, pinch a little frag of it when it wasn't looking, and hope for the best but I know nothing about acros :biggrin:

untamed
09-17-2005, 02:22 AM
...and ditch the suction cups. They will always let you down...eventually.

Scavenger
09-17-2005, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the quick replys all. Upon some MSN advise, the fragging is complete. It went very well. In fact the cut line between dead and live tissue couldn't have been smoother. Now it's just keeping the fingers crossed and hope that the tissue loss is stopped so my little friend can grow to the nice colony that it once was.

reeferaddict
09-17-2005, 07:41 AM
My condolences... I had the exact same thing happen to my beautiful colony a couple of weeks ago... but about half of the frags have made it so far... :rolleyes: