PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI humming

Skimmerking
09-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Ok i have heard my system humm like a a high pitch wine. So what would caouse that to wine like that i can here is all thur the house...

mike

Nemo
09-16-2005, 04:32 AM
Sounds more like your pipes are making the noise like what you hear sometimes when running the shower.

I do not remember what causes this or the fix but I will look and see if I can find out

StirCrazy
09-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Ok i have heard my system humm like a a high pitch wine. So what would caouse that to wine like that i can here is all thur the house...

mike

check all your fittings that they are tight and that any valves you have on your system are in good repair. sometimes the J&G fittings can get a little lose and they have a gizmo insode that will flutter slightly making a whine.

STeve

SuperFudge
09-16-2005, 02:00 PM
If you are running a selenoid and a float valve, ill bet the selenoid is the culprit.
It is the membrane in the selenoid that detects pressure from one side to the other.
sometimes when the float valve is just barely letting water out the seleniod will hum, because the pressure is so close to being equal inside it.

Does the squeal sort of get higher and higher pitched until it completley stops ?

Theres a few ways to correct this, lemme know if you have one on there.

Marc.

Skimmerking
09-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Marc you are correct that is it i have a solenoid on there with a float switch along with it its teed off to a kalk reactor...

mike