PDA

View Full Version : angel VS angel

Skimmerking
09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Well i have dropped the fish load in the tank i was wondering on a Rusty angel and a flame. I have the flame in the tank now.

i know that these types would fight but, Wondering on the clam picking...
or should i stick with the coral beauty instead.

or last resort i have a yellow tang and saw a nice copperband ,but again the yelow and the copper may fight or the copper picking at the clams or bubble coral....

any thoughts on this

mark
09-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Not a answer to your question, nor am I a member of the tang police but have you updated your signature since adjusting your fish load?

danny zubot
09-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Well, that was helpful. :confused:

Dwarf angels should be safe with your clam IMO. Some will say that CBB will be ok with the clams also, but in my experience it will pick at the clam. I was unaware that dwarves will fight with each other.

Skimmerking
09-15-2005, 10:40 PM
well actually Danny if you stick a Coral Beauty in the same tank as a flame chances are they are going after each other. or eve na 2 coral beauties actually i have had 2 in the same tank in my 280 gal and they swam together after the 3 day nipping fest.

not many dwarf angels like other dwarf angels . So i guess i just answered the post for my self...
unless i'm wrong ad there is some thing that i can add to my tank.

mike

Willito
09-15-2005, 11:43 PM
IMO, if you crowd the angels and introduce them all to a new aquascape, you will have a better chance of keeping more than just two in a tank. You will also need lots of rocks. I plan on having 4-5 dwarf angels in my 65g mixed with other fish as well. If they behave, I imagine it will be an entertainting display.

shadowboy
09-15-2005, 11:48 PM
I wouldnt mix angels, my coral beauty is the nastiest fish in my tank , and im sure if a put another angel, she would beat the crap out of it. I think one angel would dominate over and with higher stress levels there s a higher chance of the angels "acting out" pickin at corals clams etc. JMO

tristan

and willito 4-5 dwarves in a 65? plus other fish....thats a gonna be a problem i think, my coral beautys almost 3 inches, and very territorial.

JMO again

Willito
09-16-2005, 12:03 AM
It could be a problem, but I'll try anyways. Established fish in an aquarium will always dominate over new comers. To avoid this practice and to give every new fish a chance, I plan on removing all the fish and restructuring the entire aquascape. This give everyone an equal chance to develpe new territories. This method has worked for me many times with killer cichlids, hopefully this will prevail for marine as well.

danny zubot
09-16-2005, 02:26 PM
IMO, if you crowd the angels and introduce them all to a new aquascape, you will have a better chance of keeping more than just two in a tank.

Kind of like Afican Cichlids.

I think it would work because in a crowded tank the fidh don't usually focus their attention for very long on one particular fish. You could get a "dither" fish like chromis or damsels to spread the agression further. In my tank I was experiencing agression between my bi-color and my hippo tang, until I put three yellow anthias in there. I now have 9 fish in my 65g including a purple firefish, and they all get along perfectly dispite the timid nature of some of the fish.