PDA

View Full Version : New tank on Van isle (Vic), looking for stuff to fill it!

jennytheleopardgrouper
09-13-2005, 03:46 PM
My 118 gallon tank's been thru cycling for about 1-2 weeks, and I have 3 green chromis in quarantine, as well as a mushroom coral and button polyps on the way. I'd like to stock my tank with hardy coral (since the tank isn't very old) and percula clowns, a tang, a reef-safe angel, an antrias, more... does anyone have anything to trade (my mushroom coral is coming from another tank and growing rapidly) or sell for cheap? Or is anyone taking down their tank? Let me know! I'll probably be making a trip to Van withing the next 2 weeks. Thanks!

P.S. I may have a pair of tomato clowns and a blue fin damsel I can trade within the next 2 weeks (they're coming my way with the coral, but I want perculas instead.)

christyf5
09-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Howdy,

Welcome to Canreef! Whereabouts on the island are you located??

Christy :)

jennytheleopardgrouper
09-13-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm in Victoria :)

IslandReefer
09-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Welcome to Canreef.....chalk up another Reef for Victoria :cool:

jennytheleopardgrouper
09-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Why thank you, happy to be here. I'm really excited about my tank. It's looking pretty bare right now though- I need more live rock! My corals and 50 lbs of LR are coming soon though. *yippee*

TNTCanada
09-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I have some Xenia and Kenya trees if you want some softies. Thats all I have right now too frag. Might have a Dottyback soon if I can catch him. I also have some Macro Algaes and maybe a couple zoo frags.

PM me if you want any of these

Cheers
Tyler

Aquattro
09-13-2005, 11:26 PM
My corals and 50 lbs of LR are coming soon though. *yippee*

Is this fully cured local rock? If not, I wouldn't add corals at the same time, you will get a cycle with new rock.

Scavenger
09-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Is this fully cured local rock? If not, I wouldn't add corals at the same time, you will get a cycle with new rock.

There goes Brad again, raining on someones parade. LOL!! j/k :lol:
He is right though, go slow adding livestock. Make sure your rock is cured and tank is cycled before adding even hard to kill items. JMO!

Welcome to the nut house by the way!

Chin_Lee
09-14-2005, 03:59 AM
Hi
i have a 4" yellow tang thats in good condition $20

I have a 4.5" regal tang (Dory) that has really ugly headline erosion but she is healthy and fat as can be. I've had her for 3 years and she looks like that phantom of the opera. Free to good home

3" very healthy Royal Dottyback - do not put with shrimp, will attack small shrimps. i've had her for 2 years $15

three yellow tail damsels - about 1.25" long each. not agressive at all (supposing one of the least aggresive damsels) FREE for you

2-3 Tiger cucumbers - $10 each

bunch of kenya tree frags $5 each

pm me if you are interested, i live in surrey about 30 minutes from the tsawassen terminal
thanks
cwlee

let me know if you are interested

jennytheleopardgrouper
09-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Yeah the LR is cured, and it's been in a healthy tank for 3 months. I can put the coral in my quarantine tank though just incase my display tank gets an ammonia spike. Thanks for the warning :)

TNTCanada
09-14-2005, 05:21 AM
I would like a Tiger Cucumber you coming over to the island any time soon :mrgreen:

Cheers
Tyler

Griffin
09-15-2005, 03:49 AM
pm to Chin_lee re: bubbles and dori :biggrin:

adidas
09-15-2005, 06:36 AM
My corals and 50 lbs of LR are coming soon though. *yippee*

i agree, takes things slow and make sure cycle is done....

if you've read my posts, you would see I learned the hard way a few times!!! lol :redface: