09-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Just thought I'd share some pics of my long weekend haul :razz:

Sharknose goby:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/3001/28sharky-med.jpg

Fromia star:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/3001/28fromia-med.jpg

Yellowprow goby:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/3001/28yellowprowsmall.jpg

The corals are still pretty brown lookin. I've been having some problems with the tank lately. I added a phosban reactor and I suspect its the reason for a few RTNed frags and loss of coloration. Its been running for a couple of weeks now but I've shut it down to see if the colors come back or if its something else in the tank. I'll post some pics when everything returns to normal

Christy :)

Scavenger
09-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Those pics are pure CRAP

(Completely Riviting Aquatic Photos)

Wow looks great Christy!!

Ruth
09-12-2005, 03:30 AM
WOW Christy those are amazing photos. I really really have to learn how to use my camera (maybe I should start out reading the manual). I am sure my camera would take pictures like that it's just the idiot running it.

christyf5
09-12-2005, 04:00 AM
Thanks guys :biggrin: I just love my camera. Sometimes I think about buying a newer one but then I get pics like these and figure why mess with a good thing :wink:

The manual that came with mine is about a billion pages and I've never been able to retain any of its info even after reading it about 6 times (I've had the camera for about 3 yrs now). I just keep fiddling with the dials and buttons and stick with what works best :biggrin:

Ruth
09-12-2005, 04:05 AM
What kind of camera have you got Christy? I bought a new one this spring - it's a Canon 20D and I know that it is supposed to be able to take awesome pictures but mine all turn out just OK.

christyf5
09-12-2005, 04:10 AM
I have a Nikon Coolpix 880. Its been discontinued and was already discontinued when I bought it. Takes the best damned pics though. Not so hot for regular action shots with people in them but great for landscapes and fish tanks.

Canon 20D *drool drool* WOW :eek: You should be churnin out all sorts of fantastic pics that make my camera totally suck. Read that manual and start takin some pics! :razz:

danny zubot
09-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Boohoo :cry: I just lost my Fromia star this weekend. Nice pics though. :biggrin:

Bob I
09-12-2005, 03:08 PM
I have a Coolpix 990, and have the same problem with the manual. No idea how to do nice closeups like yours. :mad:

christyf5
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I just set the mode to "custom" then hit the macro button so the little flower shows up in the LCD screen. I never use a flash and sometimes set the ISO at 400 for sharper shots. Most of the time I set the lens right against the glass so the camera doesn't shake, but I usually don't have many problems just taking the picture without a tripod.

OCDP
09-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Awesome pictures... I can't figure out how to increase my ISO.. I am sure I would get some better shots if I could increase it.

Great pictures christy. I need to find me a smaller sized goby like that for my 20g...

Scott

Snappy
09-13-2005, 12:55 AM
I am a big fan of gobies and those new additions you have are AWSOME!! :cool:

Beverly
09-13-2005, 02:49 AM
Awesome pics :cool:

muck
09-13-2005, 04:33 AM
Stellar pics as always Christy!! :cool:

andestang
09-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Love those Goby's :mrgreen: Great pics :cool:

Manny
09-17-2005, 06:18 AM
i never read the manual for my camera. i just took lots of pics and fooled around with the settings a lot. the great thing about digital cameras is that you can take as many pictures as you like and errase the bad ones.

sumpfinfishe
09-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Ah someone finally got her gobby fix eh! :mrgreen:

Great shots Christy!

Now why didn't I hold on to that damn camera :rolleyes: