PDA

View Full Version : Image Editing Software

Johnny Reefer
09-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Anyone using Zoombrowser EX as their digital image editing program?

I bought a Canon Powershot A510, recently, and Zoombrowser EX is the editing program that came with it.

I want to be able to "draw" on my pictures, if I need to. You know. If, say, I had a nasty snail or something so I took a picture of it amongst the LR and wanted to post it for ID help, but the snail was kinda hard to see so I draw a circle around the snail to emphasize where it is in the picture. Will Zoombrowser allow me to do that? If it can, I haven't been able to figure out how, and the manual sucks.

Should I think about getting a different program, maybe?

ACDSee?
Photoshop?

I'm looking at around a $70 to $140 range if I switch.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Thanx much,

adidas
09-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Anyone using Zoombrowser EX as their digital image editing program?

I bought a Canon Powershot A510, recently, and Zoombrowser EX is the editing program that came with it.

I want to be able to "draw" on my pictures, if I need to. You know. If, say, I had a nasty snail or something so I took a picture of it amongst the LR and wanted to post it for ID help, but the snail was kinda hard to see so I draw a circle around the snail to emphasize where it is in the picture. Will Zoombrowser allow me to do that? If it can, I haven't been able to figure out how, and the manual sucks.

Should I think about getting a different program, maybe?

ACDSee?
Photoshop?

I'm looking at around a $70 to $140 range if I switch.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Thanx much,

i use photoshop, but for your needs you could find a freeware editor somewhere. or download photoshop (if you legaly purchase it :razz: ). edited

DanG
09-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Photoshop elements is way more than most people need, plus it's a whole lot cheaper than the full version of photoshop.

Beverly
09-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Mark,

I have Microsoft Office 2003 and use MS Image Composer for all my photo editing. Not sure if Image Composer comes with Office or if it comes bundled with MS FrontPage, the website designer I use. Image Composer will let you draw, write, resize, crop pics. For a rinky dink lilttle program, it suits my just fine.

Johnny Reefer
09-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanx for the replies guys.

Bev,

Hmmm. Frontpage maybe has what I'm lookin' for, eh?
That is most interesting. I was thinkin' of gettin' Frontpage anyway, for other reasons. (Thinkin' of buildin' a website).
Maybe I can get two birds with one stone.
I'll see what the computer store says about Frontpage.

Thanx much, :smile:

Beverly
09-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Hey, Mark,

Just looked through the Microsoft site looking for Image Composer. Here is what I found...

http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/frontpage/imagecomposer/default.asp

According to that page, I don't know if Image Composer still comes with FrontPage or not :confused: Don't know if you can buy it by itself, either :confused: The version of FP I have is 2003 and it appears to have been part of Microsoft Office 2003. Dang, Microsoft products are confusing :rolleyes:

danny zubot
09-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Easiest way for me to accomplish that is to "past from" onto paint brush. then you can scribble to your hearts desire!

mark
09-09-2005, 12:51 AM
try MS Paint.

Johnny Reefer
09-09-2005, 02:17 AM
Danny & Mark,
Right on, guys! You just saved me a whack o' money. Thanx! :biggrin:

The others,
Thanx much for your replies and Bev...thanx much for your search and link leg work.

Cheers, :biggrin:

Mazi79
09-09-2005, 04:05 AM
I wouldn't purchase Frontpage if I were you... If you want a good tool to create a web page easily with get Macromedia Dreamweaver instead, it's hands down the best WYSIWYG editor around.

Johnny Reefer
09-09-2005, 05:35 AM
I wouldn't purchase Frontpage if I were you... If you want a good tool to create a web page easily with get Macromedia Dreamweaver instead, it's hands down the best WYSIWYG editor around.

I'll consider that, but....it costs twice as much. I don't need anything too fancy.

Thanx and cheers,