PDA

View Full Version : STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES....

Quinster
09-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Well here is a story of one mans stupidity!

While in a rush to pack up and head off to the lake for a relaxing long weekend I noticed the level in my sump was down an inch or so, so I decided to top it up as well as add an inch for good measure. I do have a constant drip from my Kalk reactor running 24/7 at a drip rate if 1 per second but every once in a while (every week or so) I do add more due to evaporation…so…open my RO line and figure I have enough time to finish loading the car and get everything else I need to go….
11:00PM and just finishing off my last carbonated beverage before heading off to bed a light went on…DID I TURN OFF THAT WATER??? Well you guessed it…no I didn’t! This was Friday night. So how many people do you phone long distance to try to break into your alarmed house to shut off your water? First was my mom seeing how she has a key and the alarm code (well at least I thought she did), nope no key…well my dad must have one…called him on his cell, he is in the states…
So at $119.9/L I got to put 1000kms and an extra $50 in gas on my car in 1 weekend due to one little oops!
I think the next project will be an auto top off system……

Just a little FYI, stupid is as stupid does…lol

Delphinus
09-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Ooops.

Look at the bright side though; at least gas wasn't $1.34 yet. :lol:

Willito
09-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Top off is one of the best invention/investment for this reef hobby. It provides a piece of mind and time that I cannot get by without these days. Did you get back on time to prevent any major flooding or was it too late? Hope it didn't diluted your system too much.