PDA

View Full Version : Esso

Shy_Koi
09-06-2005, 03:28 AM
This is one of my sweeties, “Esso”
He’s never been inside a real house before, but appears to be right at home tonight.

http://www.unique-cowgirl.com/Esso-3.jpg

I found him as a tiny kitten, wandering around the local gas station (hence the name) 5 yrs ago.
Couldn’t take him home, as I already have 2 very spoiled, jealous, fur babies living with me, so I took him to my hobby farm (don't live there), where there was already a herd of various stray/rescued cats. They are all just as spoiled as my town cats, with lots of straw bales, fuzzy blankets and heat lamps (when needed). I drive out to feed them and the horses twice a day, and they get their vaccinations, as well as spays/neutering, as required. Esso fit right in and has always been a favorite of everyone that visits, as he is just so darn friendly.

A week ago this past Saturday, someone drove a mile down our private road, and shot and killed 3 of my pet cats as they sat at the front gate. I couldn’t find Esso anywhere, and hoped that he had just run away after what happened. I finally found him at the edge of a field Tuesday morning. He’d been shot also, but was miraculously still alive.

Rushed him to the local vet, who removed the 22-calibre bullet from his back, and he came home Friday. It’s a 3-ring circus in the house right now, trying to juggle Esso from room to room, without my house cats noticing him. They are majorly teed off right now. He needs a lot of care, and can’t go back to the farm yet. He’s very lucky – no broken bones or vital organs hit – just needs to heal from his wounds and massive infection.

Here’s his injured side:

http://www.unique-cowgirl.com/Esso1.jpg

I’m beyond angry… I’m sickened and devastated at the vicious attack on these poor animals. They likely walked right up to the killer(s) looking for a treat. I’ve had some of these cats for 7 & 8 yrs. :cry: They stay close to home and there are no neighbours for them to bother. I'll really miss them.

I hesitated to post this, as there are a heck of a lot worse things happening in the world around us right now, but I guess I just needed to vent – it’s been a sad week.
Thanks for listening, if you read this far…

~Tamara

christyf5
09-06-2005, 03:38 AM
OMG thats just awful!!!! :cry:

I can't believe someone would do that. Thats just disgusting. :confused:

Heres to Esso's speedy recovery!

Invigor
09-06-2005, 03:42 AM
I don't have the words for people like that...sorry for the unfortunate event, but glad one of them survived!

Petcrazy
09-06-2005, 03:47 AM
I'm so sorry, it's hard to believe anyone could be so cruel to those cats. After all, what could they have ever done to them to deserve such treatment?

Esso is very lucky to having such a kind caretaker...as did all the other felines. I'm sure they lived out a very happy life because of your care before they passed on.

I hope the jerks who did that can be caught before they do this to any more helpless animals.

Xtasia
09-06-2005, 03:56 AM
<sigh>

I can't think of anything inspirational to say...

<Hug>

Funky_Fish14
09-06-2005, 03:59 AM
Im so very sorry to hear about this most unfortunate event! Im glad Esso is recovering well! He looks to be a happy cat in the seemingly great hands of his caretaker!

In regards to however shot the cats.... *insert many colorful words here*.... I have absolutely no respect for people who do these things, and this very much angers me, no matter what animal! I do hope they are caught if possible!

Good luck with your cats!

Chris

trilinearmipmap
09-06-2005, 05:02 AM
First of all, sorry about the cats, it is horrible what happened.

Second, people who are wantonly cruel to animals have been shown to progress to acts of violence against people. The perpetrator is a sociopath.

Third, definitely report it to the police and consider posting a small reward to find out who did this. The person who did this will do it again until he is stopped.

Veng68
09-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your cat :(

All I can say is Karma will get the offender :evil:

Cheers,
Aquaman

Ruth
09-06-2005, 05:21 AM
Well Esso is very fortunate to have found such a great owner that obviously cares deeply.
Your story made me feel sick to my stomach and I truly hope that whoever did this comes back as a cat in their next life - and isn't as fortunate as Esso to find such a kind owner.

aquariumgirl
09-06-2005, 05:38 AM
Tamara, I'm very sorry to here that happened to your kitties!! I feel your pain, my puppy dog was killed by some idiot as well. I hope a fast recovery for Esso. Idiots always get their comeuppance.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-06-2005, 06:45 AM
May festering boils erupt on the private areas of this future serial killer & he (most likely) itch himself into a frenzy. <gypsy curse from a non-gypsy>

Sorry to hear about your cats. Good luck with Esso.

Anthony

Troy F
09-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Wow, that is just brutal.

Shy_Koi
09-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks everyone, for all of the kind words, and for lending an ear to my venting.
Aquariumgirl, I'm sorry to hear about your puppy :cry:

Esso has been a real trooper and has not complained about anything yet.
He's pretty freaked out tho' about the big box in the living room, that's filled with strangers (T.V.) :eek:

I fear for the rest of my animals at the farm, as I can't be out there all of the time. I know that there's nothing that they can do now, but I did finally go see the local RCMP, in case this has happened around here before. We're keeping our eyes and ears open and maybe some day, someone will talk...
That pathetic excuse for a person(s) can only hope that the law gets to them before DH does!

Thanks again!
~Tamara

Delphinus
09-06-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm stunned beyond words. Best wished for Esso's speedy recovery. I'm so very sorry for the loss of the other cats.