PDA

View Full Version : Aipstasia

lil_clownfish13
09-03-2005, 11:32 PM
If ive found a couple tiny aipstasia-- what is the best way to get them out?

Ruth
09-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I have had good luck with Joe's Juice and with vinegar (just the plain white vinegar you buy in the store) but I have heard others say to use a kalk paste (which is basically what Joe's Juice is) or boiling water. With the vinegar and I suppose the boiling water you have to inject them with a syringe. The joe's juice and probably the paste you just coat them with a syringe without the needle. Hope that helps.

Beverly
09-04-2005, 12:18 AM
I use a 1 ml syringe with a needle. Turn off the powerheads, inject the aptasia with vinegar. The aptasia always retracts when you go anywhere near it, so inject the hole it comes out of at least twice. Leave the powerheads off for 5-10 minutes to make sure the vinegar isn't swept away in the current.

lil_clownfish13
09-04-2005, 12:32 AM
thanks guys-- ill try that! :D

Johnny Reefer
09-04-2005, 12:37 AM
If they are tiny enough, Peppermint Shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni), is another option. But if they are to big the shrimp won't eat 'em, so ya, inject 'em with something suggested above.
I've had success with the Joe's Juice.

Cheers,

curlingchick
09-04-2005, 01:16 AM
i had 2 -3 aipstasia in my tank but i added some torch and frog spawn to the tank and it took about 2 weeks but it killed the aipstasia. work like a charm.

fishface
09-04-2005, 01:59 AM
straight up ol fashioned boiling water from a syringe works for me every time!

Petcrazy
09-04-2005, 04:19 AM
Simple solutions from the home can always work...

I just usually used lemon extract..it's acidic...so it works. I inject it right into their stem so they can't retract while I do it. If I go for the head they always retract away...I will get some in their little hiding place too.
But turning off the flow from anything is something you'd definitely want to do...I forgot to before and it went on some zoos of mine...
They weren't all too happy for awhile, but they are fine now.

Very hardy pink zoos I bought from Xtasia awhile ago. Man, they don't care what I do to them LOL.