PDA

View Full Version : This month needs to be over..

DJ88
11-27-2001, 01:50 AM
Guess what.. It has happened again.. Just looked at the tank temp.. 88.9.

This time it is all my fault.. Changed the settings for my timer for the cooling fan.. Reversed the pins by mistake. MH's have been on since noon with no cooling whatsoever..

Everything is fine. Noticed something was wrong by my indicator coral. My cup. Was not happy..

Sigh..

Victor.. want to get together someday and look at making that temp controller? I may have the time shortly..

I will add in that I may have another fatalitly form the last heat n boil.. Gorgonian is receeding.. can see its skeleton in a spot.. images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

Can't win for tryin..

reefburnaby
11-27-2001, 01:54 AM
Hi,

Hey...I am still here....

No problem...doesn't sound good. Digital or analog solution ?

This may interest you darren and others (scroll to the bottom) :
http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90

- Victor.

[ 26 November 2001: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

DJ88
11-27-2001, 02:02 AM
That post sounds cool.. The lamps are working well for you like this? May have to drop in and take a look one day..

I will have to sit and go over all the combinations I wanted to use. I will keep you posted about the controller. I really want it now.

The PH one I had mentioned will be a snap to make. Just need the time for it.

keep me posted about the VHO experiment.. that is really neat..

reefburnaby
11-27-2001, 03:28 AM
hi,

Actually, they are working out pretty well. It can be applied to most fluorescent tube systems -- with electronic ballasts.

Sure...you can come by and see them. It sort of in a mess right now...but it should be okay.

- Victor.

StirCrazy
11-27-2001, 01:56 PM
Hey cool idea, how much of a difference in the bulb did just using 2 of the leads instead of 4 make? or did you try this?

Steve

reefburnaby
11-27-2001, 06:26 PM
Hi,

Yes you can use two output overdrive. It made a difference...say 40%-30% less output. I believe I was consuming around 50-60W of power. I think I was using a 4 ballast version...and using only two outputs.

So...that would put you in the 4000 lumen range or 55W PC range.

- Victor.

StirCrazy
11-28-2001, 02:07 AM
ok Victor sence you have tried this maby you can answer a question for me. I was thinking of using 4 NO 03/actinic bulbs to go with my 2 96W PC bulbs but now would over driving 2 bulbs be better than using 4 at a normal power? I am talking intensity wise. so I guess what I mean would 2 over drivin bulbs penatrate better than 4 normal output bulbs. seeing as I am only planing on using one balast the only difference would be in the # of bulbs I have to buy.

Steve