PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Shop!

snailbuddy
08-31-2005, 01:19 AM
Hey island people . . . I'm heading to Nanaimo from land-locked Edmonton - looking for marine fishes, critters and corals (always!) So, from what I'm reading there is My Fish Tank. Anything else in or around? Thanks for your help! While you're at it, what's fun to do there . . . must be some secrets that the 'net isn't telling me!

Scavenger
08-31-2005, 01:39 AM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but My Fish Tank has nothing in the salt water department right now. There is nowhere else in Nanaimo. If you are here for a bit, try down island. Stop at Island Pet Zone in Duncan and Safari or Hillside in Victoria. I think there may be a couple more in Victoria, but I haven't been to any others.

The other choice is a grand whopping population of 3 active canreefers in town, :rolleyes:

As for other fun, I guess it depends on what you are into. For me world class salmon fishing is only hours away. For others, ...???? How the heck would I know. I'm always gone fishing.

snailbuddy
08-31-2005, 04:07 AM
Well, I'm only down for a couple of days - can check MFT and maybe scoot into Victoria! Thanks for the help! We aren't doing much better in Edmonton - we have 2 retail stores, a guy in the basement and this nice guy online! We head down to Calgary for variety. As for fun, we love fishing too - so might have to check into that. Will go to the Dingy Dock (if it's still there) and I heard something about large rocks somewhere. We are flying in, won't have a car so won't be going too far out of town. It will just be fun to be around water! My pond just isn't doing it for me :lol:

BCWolfen
08-31-2005, 04:25 AM
Let me know when your in town. Maybe we can arrange to drive you down to Island Pet Zone in Duncan. I haven't been down in a bit myself.
Dingy Dock Pub is still there.

Reefhawk1
08-31-2005, 09:01 AM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

the.girl
02-21-2007, 02:07 AM
My Fish Tank literally is MY fish tank. i work there and my very good friend owns it. I take in any fish/reptiles that they can't keep in stock anymore. We may not have any salt water fish anymore, but we're seriously considering starting it again. in the middle of the night about 5 months ago our entire salt water system combusted, killing all the saltwater fish, and blasting our tanks. I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but please consider the fact that we have reason to not sell marine creatures anymore. :confused: