PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Randalls goby

Static
08-30-2005, 04:55 AM
I have a fifteen gallon tank with one yellow tailed blue damsel a randals goby with a pistol shrimp and various other clean up crew including a cleaner shrimp.

I've had the goby for a week and a half now and have not seen him eat. I understand that he should take frozen misis or brine shrimp. The problem comes with trying to get some food near enough for him to eat. Pretty much all the food I put in the tank gets eaten by the cleaner shrimp and damsel. I'm scared to put too much food in because it will foul the water. I tried getting some food close to the goby with a pipette from a test kit (it was clean, and only used for food) but as soon as I came near, he darted into his cave, and the cleaner shrimp came and cleaned up any misis I put outside his cave.

I see lots of pods flying around the tank at night, and am hoping he's getting something to eat. He doesn't look emancipated, but I just havn't seen him eat.

Any suggestions?

should I just not wory unless he looks skinny?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-30-2005, 05:08 AM
Try using a turkey baster, but just suck up a little bit of food. Maybe feed when the main light is off (if you have actinics) but if there is lots of live food running around, it should be fine for a while yet before you need to really worry.

Anthony