PDA

View Full Version : Move Recruitment

Aquattro
08-26-2005, 04:37 AM
So I've bought a new place and will be moving my tank either Sept 27 or 28th after work. Ideally I could use 3 or 4 people to assist for a couple of hours. I also would like to move all the existing water, so anyone that can lend me 5g containers with lids, I'd be forever grateful.

My (stupid) plan is to drain the water and carry the tank with rock work intact to the van and move it to the new place, fill it back up at the other end.

So anyone that can help, please let me know if either day is better and I can start planning. Thanks!

Jack
08-26-2005, 04:42 AM
I'm moving at the end of this month and will have 12+ Instant Ocean buckets up for grabs after I'm done. If you're over here or know anyone comming this way that can pick them up for you let me know.

My plan is to use most of my origional water also.

Aquattro
08-26-2005, 04:47 AM
Thanks Jack! We ever gonna see you over this side again?? :razz:

Johnny Reefer
08-26-2005, 04:52 AM
I'd like to help ya, Brad, but I'm going to be away Sept 12 - Oct 10.
Sorry. :sad:

Hope the plan works out for ya.

Cheers,

Aquattro
08-26-2005, 04:57 AM
Thanks Mark!

Jaws
08-26-2005, 05:20 AM
I'm pretty sure I can lend a hand as long as I'm in town that weekend and don't have to work. It's pretty early to tell but I'm usually in town.

christyf5
08-26-2005, 05:49 AM
I'll come down and give you a hand, eitehr day. I've got about 4 or 5 IO buckets as well and lots of rubbermaid totes if you need them :biggrin:

reeferaddict
08-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Ditto to what Christy said Brad... I also have a cargo van... and bigger pythons than Christy... :mrgreen: Let me know & I'm in...

BCWolfen
08-26-2005, 07:12 AM
I'll have to talk to the wife, but I can probably make it down for either day. Christy and I could car pool.

If you need it I have a ford F-150 with a bed liner that would make it nice and easy to slide a tank into it. Now if you already got a vehicle let me know and I'll just take the Echo down. WAY cheaper on gas.

Aquattro
08-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone. Hopefully I get enough people in town that nobody needs to travel, but I certainly appreciate the offers.
Gerald, I have a van, so the tank will slide in there nicely. Car pooling with Christy would be best for you!

Jason, those days are mid week, unfortunately I couldn't get possession for a week-end!

Scavenger
08-27-2005, 02:58 AM
Hey Brad, are you planning on an evening or day move? If evening, I could join up with Christy and Gerald to help out. If it's a day move, I'm working, sorry. If it would help, I will search out my work shop. I think I have a switchable horizontal or vertical dolly out there buried in the rubble.

Aquattro
08-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Hey Brad, are you planning on an evening or day move? .

Looks like an evening move, either on a Tuesday or Wednesday after work.
Don't think I'll need a dolly, most things can just be carried as is..

reeferaddict
08-27-2005, 05:25 AM
Still in day or night if ya need Brad.... I want to meet you sometime anyways... :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
08-27-2005, 06:23 AM
My (stupid) plan

:mrgreen:

guess I am in, but only if you get the wink added to the quick pick emoticons :mrgreen:

Steve

sumpfinfishe
08-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Would luv to help you out Brad but with my new job I only get the weekends off. If you need help the weekend before or after, drop me a line and I could pop over.

Aquattro
08-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks Rich, but the weekend will be when I sit with a drink in front of the tank and relax after a crazy week of moving.

StirCrazy
08-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Thanks Rich, but the weekend will be when I sit with a drink in front of the tank and relax after a crazy week of moving.

bah, thats when your going to help me clean out the garage isn't it :mrgreen:

Steve

Aquattro
08-28-2005, 07:08 AM
Steve, I'll clean out your garage anytime you want!! We'll move all those tools out of there so they don't take up all that space!

StirCrazy
08-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Steve, I'll clean out your garage anytime you want!! We'll move all those tools out of there so they don't take up all that space!

and put them where? :mrgreen: speaking of tools I am buying a new one on wensday, got to get a jointer.

Steve

Zerandise
08-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I should be able to help with no problems. just keep me posted :)

TNTCanada
08-29-2005, 08:08 AM
I will take a look at my schedule should be able to help. I think I have 5 buckets.

Cheers
Tyler

sea gnome
09-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Hi Brad, I"m working both those nights but I have 2 salt buckets if you need them. I can drop them off on the 24th if it will help. Rachel Heaters as well if you need to borrow 2.

sea gnome
09-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Brad, Do you want to borrow the truck? It is stick shift though? Rachel.

Aquattro
09-23-2005, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the offer Rachel, but the van should do it (I hope). Official night is the 28th next week, so confirmations now being accepted. I think it's better to get locals, since driving from Nanaimo would likely take longer than the move itself. Basically I'll be moving equipment during the day on my own, then I need 3 assistants later in the day to help move the tank, stand and water.
I'm also going to try and rent 20 5g water bottles from the water store, that will be the easiest method of moving the water, me thinks.

Please PM me for confirmation, and thanks a million for all the offers. :biggrin:

TNTCanada
09-23-2005, 04:50 AM
What time are you planing on doing it. I have meetings that day so if it is evening I should be able to help.

Cheers
Tyler

Aquattro
09-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Tyler, I'm thinking somewhere after 6pm. My hopes are having the tank filled again by 7pm. hehee
At this point I think Tyler W is coming, Japarto is coming, maybe Steve, and John said he's in. Christy too, but it's a long drive, so I hope I don't need to drag her down here!

christyf5
09-23-2005, 05:22 AM
Tyler, I'm thinking somewhere after 6pm. My hopes are having the tank filled again by 7pm. hehee

Jeez you're losing it in this thread too :razz:

Aquattro
09-23-2005, 05:36 AM

nu-uh, I think we can do it. Or you might be right....we'll see next week!! :biggrin:

TNTCanada
09-23-2005, 05:55 AM
I should be able to help I will check to see what time the meetings are done. I have 5-5gal buckets if you need them 4 with lids.

Cheers
Tyler

Aquattro
09-23-2005, 06:02 AM
Thanks Tyler, let me know. Hopefully I can get 20 water jugs with lids, but I'll let you know about the buckets!

reeferaddict
09-23-2005, 06:33 AM
Brad,

If Christy's coming, then get her to stop in and PU buckets and stuff. I probably have enough buckets and various containers WITH lids to transport at least half your water if not all. Don't forget my offer to help if you need... :mrgreen:

Jim.

Aquattro
09-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks Jim, I'll keep that in mind.

StirCrazy
09-23-2005, 12:37 PM

nu-uh, I think we can do it. Or you might be right....we'll see next week!! :biggrin:

hey man 6 pm is to early.. I was thinking more like 8 or 9ish.

Steve

Aquattro
09-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Steve, 8 or 9 is too late. I want to finish before it gets too cold out, as the corals are going exposed to air.

Jaws
09-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Count me in still. I have to go to Duncan one night next week for business and the day is dependant on the guy I'm meeting but I will try my best to work around it.

Aquattro
09-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks Jason!

Zerandise
09-23-2005, 09:20 PM
I can lend a hand if you are still in need!

just let me know

858-7627

Zerandise
09-23-2005, 09:21 PM
now that i think about it i think i have 7 or 8 water cooler bottles.....

Jaws
09-23-2005, 09:45 PM
I also have 6 5G water jugs from Save On.

StirCrazy
09-27-2005, 02:24 AM
ok looks like I can be there right after work or shortly there after.. I might even see if I can get the afternoon off if you are nice :mrgreen:

Steve

TNTCanada
09-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey Brad my meetings end at 4:30 in Sidney so I will be there did you still need the buckets?

Cheers
Tyler

One_Divided
09-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Brad, you have me all day wednesday if needed...

Aquattro
09-27-2005, 11:04 PM
K, anyone that wants to show up, the more the merrier. I have arranged to rent 20 5g bottles from the water store, so I should be good for buckets.

Aquattro
09-29-2005, 04:51 AM
OK, move is done, thanks to Steve, Adam, Tyler and Jason for their help. Everything went great, only damage was from me trying to get the fish out. Moved the tank with all rock and corals intact, water out and back in within 30 minutes. Whew.

christyf5
09-29-2005, 04:56 AM
Wow talk about your quick move. Glad to hear everything went well :biggrin:

Aquattro
09-29-2005, 06:56 AM
Wow talk about your quick move. Glad to hear everything went well :biggrin:

Ya, it went reasonably well. the tangs didn't want to leave the tank, so we drained it to an inch of water and picked them out. The white cheek was tough, but we managed to corral him into an opening.
I think one clown and the chromis stayed in the tank for the ride to the new place. Most of the acros slimed up a lot from being out of water for the ride, but after a few hours, they look fine (albeit slimey). Only issue I've got so far is the tank is slightly uneven, so I may have to address that at my next (BIG) water change!

StirCrazy
09-29-2005, 12:28 PM
, so I may have to address that at my next (BIG) water change!

whats this water change stuff you keep talking about?

Steve

Delphinus
09-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Moved the tank with all rock and corals intact, water out and back in within 30 minutes. Whew.

Far out, that is fast. Good job, hope everything recovers (they ought to, man, I've done water changes that lasted longer than that).

So you moved tank with the the rock structure and corals in the tank still? I didn't realize you could do that, I would have thought it would be too heavy to carry.

christyf5
09-29-2005, 05:53 PM
man, I've done water changes that lasted longer than that).

Same here :mrgreen:

Jaws
09-29-2005, 06:49 PM
So you moved tank with the the rock structure and corals in the tank still? I didn't realize you could do that, I would have thought it would be too heavy to carry.

We all thought he was out of his mind at first but it went off without a problem. It's only a 70G tank with no sand so the weight wasn't too bad. Of course Brad and Tyler were the ones carrying it most of the time so who am I to say. I am impressed though that all the rock and corals stayed in tact without any damage. It took me like 8 hours to move my 70G and it's contents.

StirCrazy
09-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Moved the tank with all rock and corals intact, water out and back in within 30 minutes. Whew.

Far out, that is fast. Good job, hope everything recovers (they ought to, man, I've done water changes that lasted longer than that).

ok lets clear the 30 min up, I think that is a shorter time than it actualy was..

we emptied the tank and then spent 15 min to catch the two damn tangs in 1" of water.

we loaded up, about 10 to 15 min, then drove to his new place. another 15 min. then we unloaded ...15 min and started dumping water back in say 5 min.

so I would gues the actual "dry" time was about 1 hour which is still fast concidering we moved it 1/2 way across town in 3 vehicals.

Steve

TNTCanada
09-30-2005, 07:53 AM
All in all I think it went well, and quick. I think Brad found a new way to frag. First you drain tank then chase fish around and break peices off as you go. Or just get Steve to push on the rock. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Tyler

StirCrazy
09-30-2005, 12:39 PM
All in all I think it went well, and quick. I think Brad found a new way to frag. First you drain tank then chase fish around and break peices off as you go. Or just get Steve to push on the rock. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Tyler

Hey now :eek: if I didn't test the stability of that rock, which resulted in one frag, it could have wiped the whole tank out the way Brad drives :mrgreen:

Steve