PDA

View Full Version : Starting Today, Need Sources

buccoo
01-12-2002, 02:07 PM
I have pretty much lined up everything from retail, but would like to narrow down, i.e. berlin turbo skimmer, and build lighting - probably 2@250 MH (90g - 48x18x24h) or??? pwr cmpct??

Does anyone have any sources for new parts/materials for these things.

thanks

Troy F
01-12-2002, 02:57 PM
Bucco, you can get your MH ballasts at Albrite 1371 Kebet Way 604 945 9060. I think I have a parts list to do a DIY lighting project.

Troy F
01-12-2002, 05:10 PM
bucco, welcome to the site since I forgot to mention it. I'll see if I can get you a part list later this afternoon. Try taking a look at www.reefs.org (http://www.reefs.org) and www.reefcentral.com (http://www.reefcentral.com) . Use reefs.org's library and both of their search features. Don't rush, take your time and do it right the first time.

titus
01-12-2002, 05:30 PM
Hello,

Welcome bucco and yes, you want to do good research and do it right the first time, which is pretty possible with so many help you can get here. And thanks Scott for the referral.

buccoo
01-12-2002, 07:14 PM
thank you for the welcomes everyone, it it starting to feel homey here.

oh, FYI bucoo (snds lk 'boo koo') is from Buccoo Reef off of (Trinidad &) Tobago in the Caribean , one of the world's top 3 diving reefs, one day i will post some of my photos. Stone Fish anyone?

Troy F
01-12-2002, 09:11 PM
Bucco, I didn't make it as far in my travels as planned today. I will definately be going over to my parents place tomorrow and that is where all the receipts are so I should have the information. In the interim, why don't you tell us a little about what you hope to achieve with your tank, livestock selections and other information.

One of our members ran the most beautiful reef tank I've ever seen with one 10000K 175W MH with a couple of NO florescent actinics. It was a 90gal too. You may not need all the lighting you think depending on your stocking preferences. Dale, maybe you could chime in and describe that tank?

buccoo
01-12-2002, 09:54 PM
okay troy...

must... cook... dinner...

but i will quickly say that i aim to have a reef tank with fish as a secondary, my goal is to grow and learn and thereby increase my ability to accomplish more demanding levels, so i kind of want to get as far with the initial hardware outlays as i can ....

brb after dinner

buccoo
01-12-2002, 10:43 PM
okay, what i really mean is that i will start off slowly with the usual soft corals and some anenome mushroom etc but would like to getinto the hard corals, try to balance and maximize the interest

buccoo
01-13-2002, 01:43 AM
okay, what i really mean is that i will start off slowly with the usual soft corals and some anenome mushroom etc but would like to getinto the hard corals, try to balance and maximize the interest

buccoo
01-13-2002, 04:19 AM
thanks troy, plans would be helpful.

i was just introduced to this site by shadetree this morning.

meanwhile i am busy scanning as many postings here as possible in all categories...

getting dizzy images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif