PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this guy/store?

mr_alberta
08-21-2005, 04:03 PM
From another board I snagged this little bit of information:

Jensen from Reef Raft sent me this message:
You should give Coral Hunter a shout.
His name is Don and phone number is 780-465-1534 OR 780-996-5727
They are just new but have tons of nice stuffs.

Anyone heard of this person? Is he on this forum?

michika
08-21-2005, 05:02 PM
no, sorry.

Tell us what you find out though!

Funky_Fish14
08-21-2005, 08:24 PM
He must be from somewhere around here seeing as that is our area code. Unfortunately I have no info though.

Chris

j-roc
09-19-2005, 03:12 AM
I don't know anything about him or his buisness, But he now has ads in the bargain finder.

Ruth
09-19-2005, 04:12 AM
I have spoken to his wife. They run this as a business out of their home and I have ordered some stuff from them that I have not gotten yet as I am waiting for a couple more things to come in. They seem to be extremely nice people and have some really nice corals on their web page. If this works here is the link.
http://www.coralhunter.com/default.htm

TRS
09-19-2005, 01:27 PM
I also contacted Don from Coral Hunter. He seems very personable and provide great customer service. They have some great prices for local reefers. He just had a coral shipment from a new supplier that was delayed at Customs, but apparently it is being replaced and should arrive soon and then be for sale the following week. The pieces are photographed and posted to their web site as they become available for sale.

KrazyKuch
09-21-2005, 12:25 AM
I have been their his corals are unbelievable nice prices to....They have some nice stuff

michika
11-06-2005, 12:40 AM
What happened to Coral Hunter? The website it down. I know they're temporarily closed, but why no website?

kellehar
11-06-2005, 01:08 AM
they had a family sickness and had to shut down for the time being.

michika
11-06-2005, 04:44 PM
I knew that they had illness. The website had never been down before though.

kellehar
11-06-2005, 05:48 PM
I talked to donna lee last night and she's still really upset even to talk about what happened. What she told me was that they didnt know how long they will be shut down for and that they might just pack it in. But I wished her and don all the best with their crisis from my self and the forum. She said to tell all of you thank you for the support.

Winters
11-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Yes, Don and Donna-Lee are definitely going through some difficult times at the moment. They've taken down the website too. If people do have something reserved in their name they should be able to contact Donna-Lee for instructions on when they can come over and pick up their stuff. Other than that, they would rather concentrate on Don's health at this time, which is very understandable.

The tanks, I've been told, are doing fine, since the maintenance is so well automated. They have halted all shipments from their suppliers, at least for the short-term. I know they are both apologetic for the inconvenience and the sudden shutdown but I can not blame them one bit.

saltynuts
11-06-2005, 07:07 PM
i have some things on hold down their how would i get a hold of them.
i realy dont want to bug them.

saltynuts
11-09-2005, 12:52 AM
bump

Winters
12-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Hi everyone.
I had the chance to talk with Donna-Lee this evening. I'm not quite sure how to put this the right way but... I was informed tonight that Don (CoralHunter) has passed away.

Donna-Lee and her children appreciate all the gestures of support from Canreef members, and would like to remind everyone who had reserved any items from Don's tanks that their items are doing well; Donna-Lee will be contacting you some time after New Year's to arrange a date and time for pick-up or shipping. The family does appreciate your patience and understanding at this sad time.

I would like to offer my deep condolances to the family at this tragic event. I had the good fortune of meeting Don the first time I went to his home in the summer; he was full of energy and so passionate about what he loved. Incredibly friendly and such a perfectionist. He was quite looking forward to opening a shop at some point so he could pursue his love of reef-keeping and coral fully. I kind of felt sad taking the items I had bought from him because I knew they were his 'babies', so I promised him I would take good care of them. And now he's gone and I can't quite believe it.

Much too young to leave us, Don will be missed by all of us who had a chance to know him.

Reefhawk1
12-06-2005, 08:28 AM
I am in complete shock :eek: Don was in great shape when I saw him last. just meeting him for the first time I could tell he was a great guy. He will definatly be missed.

Ruth
12-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Oh that is so sad - I had no idea that he was that ill. Please pass on my condolences to Donna lee for me. I spoke to both of them on the phone and such friendly and helpful people..

michika
12-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm so sorry for her loss.

He was a great guy, and he will definatly be very missed.

Murminator
12-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Much too young to leave us, Don will be missed by all of us who had a chance to know him.

Well put.... I never had a chance to meet Don but send my condolences as well

muck
12-06-2005, 03:25 PM
I never met Don either but heard a lot of great things about him.
Please add my condolences as well..

dunl
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Mine as well. I never had a chance to meet him, but also heard great things.

I've passed this on to Alberta Aquatica as well, for any members there who may have known him. We have a fairly large Edmonton contingent over there.

saltynuts
12-07-2005, 02:22 AM
i had the chance to meet don great guy.
:cry:

Willito
12-07-2005, 02:46 AM
I once met up with Donna-Lee to do a frag swap because Don was too busy. We spent about 30mins at the Mcdonald's parking lot talking about Don's passion for the reef and how he would like to meet me one day to talk more about it...but we never got a chance. Then 2 months ago when I was about to drive up to Edm. to pick up some corals, I found out that Don was in the hospital. I was very excited about meeting them, but instead I was praying and hoping for the best. During these harsh times, I was looking forward to his full recovery so he can return to what he loved doing. And learning of this news now, what a tragedy. Unfortunately, and regretably I will have to learn about Don through Donna-Lee. Donna Lee is a great person, I know Don is likewise. Wish her and the kids all the best. Rest in peace Don....

KrazyKuch
12-07-2005, 03:09 AM
I got the chance to meet Don once and Dona-lee a couple times, Don was a great guy just loved the hobbie and wanted to do so much with it, I hope now that his family has the strength to get through their great loss.

kellehar
12-07-2005, 03:19 AM
I had also the pleasure of meeting and knowing don and donna lee. I didnt know don had passed away. but did know somthing was wrong from the last time I talked to donna lee. She had said that she got upset when talking about don so I had asked her not to tell me as I didnt want to upset her. This comes to great shock and disbelief as I last spoke to don at big als in july and he looked completely healthy. But my best wishes go out to donna lee at this sad time and just hope she knows that if there's anything me and april can do for her we will.

Joe Reefer
12-07-2005, 04:50 AM
Please send Donna-Lee and her children my deepest condolences.

Lando

albert_dao
12-07-2005, 08:33 PM
I'd also like to add my condolences. It is truly rare when you have individuals in the business who are truly passionate, not just about their job, but about the hobby they love.

Winters
12-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Hi everyone!
Thanks for all the words of support. I've decided to put together a card, and was hoping to write-in all of the recent messages from this thread, into it, for the family. I'm assuming noone objects?

And yes, anyone else, please feel free to post here and I'll put your message into the card too. I should be able to drop it off tomorrow (Monday) evening to Donna-Lee.

Thanks again.

Funky_Fish14
12-12-2005, 05:39 AM
I am dearly sorry for their loss. My condolences to Donna-Lee and her children.

I never got to know them, but I did hear that Don was a fantastic guy.

I hope things improve for his family!

Sincerely,

Chris W.