PDA

View Full Version : looking for info about hang on refuges

fishguyxd
08-17-2005, 02:06 AM
Hi
I am wonder at how big they are ,how effective ,what do they have in them ,how are they work and or plumbed in. when are they really required

Sorry i have not seen one in operation
Or do i put a small tank somewhere by my sump or how do I setup. :confused:

my tank is already RR

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-17-2005, 08:16 AM
I use a modified AC500 to grow chaeto as my HOB refugium. I keep Chemipure in the bottom & chaeto on top. It gets light from the MH system & works pretty well.

If you have a sump, you can always section off a part for a refugium to grow out some macro for nutrient export & to grow pods/live mysis.

The best, IMO, is an above tank refugium using a small tank set higher than the reef system with a small powerhead to send water up & an overflow to drain clean water & live pods down.

Anthony

adidas
08-17-2005, 05:27 PM
The best, IMO, is an above tank refugium using a small tank set higher than the reef system with a small powerhead to send water up & an overflow to drain clean water & live pods down.

Anthony

thats sorta what mine is. i have a small tuper ware clamp on the inside at the top of take with powerhead comin in one side and overflowing. works great, takes up tank space, though :sad:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-17-2005, 06:22 PM
That's why I use a HOB filter (doesn't take up tank space). I've also used a AC300 on my hex tank, since a AC500 wouldn't fit.

Anthony

Bob I
08-17-2005, 06:44 PM
http://cpraquatic.com