PDA

View Full Version : Where in victoria can you get RO water?

Squinch
08-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Long time reader first time victoria forum poster, Hey now.

Anyway is it just me or is victoria tap water hurtin from all this warm weather? Im using a under sink dual filtration unit but it cloggs up with crap in a few weeks. My discus are hurtin units and my hair algee in my reef tank is unreal! My hermet crabs all are sportin a full head of hair and my rock is getting gross in the green. It can't be good for my corals eather, but what can I do?

I was thinking A few large water changes with RO water over a few weeks might help? Anybody know where I can get some?

Thanks
Squinch

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-17-2005, 12:56 AM
You're better off to buy your own RO/DI unit. I have one from AquaSafe in the Lower Mainland. I think someone here or on Canreef is setting up a group buy so check it out.

Anthony

rickjames
08-17-2005, 03:59 AM
If your tank isn't big, the water at the grocery store is good, costs 3$ per 5Gallon. Other then that you just need to bite the bullet and get an RO/DI unit, they are a good investment.

Aquattro
08-17-2005, 04:52 AM
And don't use pure RO for your discus.

RonD
08-17-2005, 06:52 AM
do a search on ebay. There is a place just over the border that retails them on there for just over a hundred bucks .. locally they have them for $300... same thing

Squinch
08-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Ebay is not an option because iv'e been burnt on there so many times its countless. But I would be very interested in getting in on that group RO buy, but I can't find anything on it.

I herd that save on foods is the best place to buy RO water, But I still don't know for sure.

Thanks for all your info and input so far.

Squinch

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Sorry, I think it was actually in Alberta that someone was organizing a group buy. There are now 3 people, including yourself, in the Lower Mainland/Vic area looking to get one so maybe do a group order locally. If you want, I can help you get in touch with the others (since they contacted me after I started the group buy rumour :redface: )

The RO/DI units work very well & I highly recommend that you order extra filters & resins so you're all set for a couple of years. They'll usually throw in the shipping on accessories if you order the units (especially in a group order).

Anthony

StirCrazy
08-18-2005, 06:09 PM
I was thinking A few large water changes with RO water over a few weeks might help? Anybody know where I can get some?

Thanks
Squinch

save on foods.

christyf5
08-18-2005, 06:15 PM
There was some talk of an aquasafe group buy at the island meeting. I'm looking for a couple of things from them myself. Perhaps its time to sound out the call :razz:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Heads up.

Mykiss is setting up a group order with AquaSafe. He's got it posted on BCAquaria & I've dealt with him. Good guy, highly rated on the other board. Check it out if you want to get in on the group buy. Remember, stock up on filters & resins because you'll save on shipping.

Anthony