PDA

View Full Version : How much is Salt in Nanaimo?

HimSelf
08-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi there I'm going to be moving to Nanaimo and wondering just how much is Salt over there. I heard is very $$$

Second question then where is the cheapest place to get Salt on the Island? I see lots of people get J&L to ship it over. How much does that cost and how long do I have to wait?

Cheers

Kabong
08-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Put it this way Stock up before you come.
And bring be some too :biggrin:

Petzone up island (Duncan) had its salt at mainland prices, but i've heard it was an overstocking thing. Then again i also heard it was going to be the normal price. :confused:

BCWolfen
08-17-2005, 03:24 AM
Island Petzone still has his salt at the same prices as Vancouver if I'm not mistaken.
I usually get one of the jumbo from J&L's. I time a Vancouver trip to when my bucket is getting low and do a massive shopping trip.

There's often folks going over to J&L's and a bucket of salt shouldn't be too big of a problem to bring back.

edited by Christy

IPZ
08-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Hello everyone,

Yes that price is correct.

Cheers...

HimSelf
08-17-2005, 06:15 AM
Looks like IPZ got the market cornered :biggrin: I know where I'm going to go for salt.

Now how about frags and fish?

RonD
08-17-2005, 06:48 AM
price removed

reeferaddict
08-19-2005, 05:12 AM
$4 more than that.... *DUCKS*

Christy! See I didn't post PRICES! Good for me huh!

IPZ also has reasonable frags.... other than that ... I'm afraid Victoria is where you'll have to go for selection... Safari Pets and Hillside Aquatics are the store names... but pack your wallet... it ain't the big city over here...

Scavenger
08-21-2005, 11:45 PM
If you have a pet cet era card and you just happen to be in the store when they have stock, you can get a bucket of Red Sea for price removed. But that's too many if's for me. I'd hate to stake my reef on that type of supply and demand.