PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Fire Griffins House

GobiGurl
08-16-2005, 01:22 AM
Last night the fire dept broke down the front door, smashed a couple of holes in the walls, smoke damage and whatever chemicals they used to put out the fire killed everything in Richs' tank :redface: :sad:

Xtasia
08-16-2005, 01:24 AM
O.. M.. G..

Rich if you need help getting back on your feet you know where I am.. I will help as much as possible since you helped me so much :D

Griffin
08-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Aww thanks Ivy - didn't know lynn posted this aswell lol - i will be out of the game for awhile = all my equipment is good but it will be some time before i start up again - they have alot of work to do at the house before i hit the switch and get and going again

cheers
Rich

props
08-16-2005, 01:33 AM
sorry for you loss there bud!.. let me know when you get your tank up and running i'll fill a section of it.. :frown: :frown:

Griffin
08-16-2005, 01:37 AM
Well i'm done for a while - had an electrical fire at the house last night and everything died except for snowflake and a open brain. A power bar in my old set up sparked up and set off the smoke detector but by the time the fire department arrived there was far to much smoke to see anything. Everyone was out of the house at the time so the damage is limited to a floor patch, wall behind computers, a lot of smoke damage (they used co2 instead of water) but the salt tank was all dead by this morning except for snowflake who was laboured breathing in the corner. AFter about 1/2 hour of moving her in fresh mixed water she has recovered. The damm gold fish in the other tank didn't have a problem with it - almost like another day at Rich's house" So i am down an out until further notice - gobigurl has my eel and brain in a spare tank = she's so cute and caring
Just let it be known as i have learned my lesson - USE GFI NO MATTER WHAT the cost- as this was the only power bar that didn't have it.

Griffin
08-16-2005, 01:39 AM
hey - i'm at lynn's house and she is at work - anyone want some cheap frags :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Damn Rich. Come raid my tank when you're ready to get going again. So sorry to hear about this tragedy. Really, come on over for some new frags when you're ready.

Anthony

PS. What's available from Gobi's? (JK)

Beverly
08-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Glad all the people got out safely :smile: Man, that sucks about the fire :eek: :cry:

Aquattro
08-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Hey Rich, sorry to hear. At least the people are all ok.

christyf5
08-16-2005, 02:52 AM
Yikes! :eek:

Sorry to hear about the tank :sad: . Glad you're okay though.

mark
08-16-2005, 04:09 AM
Sorry to hear, but the most import thing is everyones okay.

Might be asking to much to share, specially so soon after the event, but could you keep us updated on the insurance side of things. It always been a concern I've had and I sure others who are DIY of how the insurance industry deals with things like this.

MP

Delphinus
08-16-2005, 04:26 AM
That's horrible, sorry for your misfortune. Good luck with everything!

vanreefer
08-16-2005, 05:55 AM
OUCH :cry:

I'm good for some frags when you're ready to start it up again

danny zubot
08-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Not sure f I read this correctly. Was it a power bar for your PC or your tank? Really bad luck any way, I guess we'll all be more careful with the electrical side of things. Hope ts not too long befre your back up and running.

Griffin
08-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks all for the kind words - it was a power bar on my old tank that has been shut down for about 2 months. They figure that it started sparking which caused a small melt hole in the water top up hose and the water sprayed over the other power bar and started the fire etc. My main tank is in the next room but between the smoke/sut and the co2 they used everything was dead when they finally let me in the house the next day to see what happend. I find out today what is going to be covered and how long its going to be before everything is back somewhat normal. Fire inspector said it should all be covered under insurance and to have my adjuster call him if they have questions of the cause. But they will not turn the power back on to the house until the electrical is inspected and that includes the connections to both fish tanks. Keep those bars off the floor people :biggrin:

guess i don't have to worry that my pm meter is showing 7.86 :lol:

Cheers
Rich

sumpfinfishe
08-16-2005, 11:28 PM
That really sucks Rich, sorry for your loss :sad:

If you need a hand when you set it back up let me know and I can help out.

ColeBC
08-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your tank. I can't imagine losing almost everything in your tank. Hopefully you'll get things started again. I'll try to find some frags for you too. :frown:

Petcrazy
08-17-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm so sorry.
Hopefully by the time your tank is up and running I'll have some frags for you.

I'd think by then I should have something to offer, hopefully.

Cheers
-Renée

Griffin
08-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Looks like insurance is going to cover everything as far as any lights and cables that burnt etc. Good thing it was on my old tank and not the new one. Depreciation is going to be a small factor. It will be a while before start anything as they still have to come in and do the hardwood and sand it all so no tanks until that is all complete. Thanks all for offer's on getting everything going. You will know when i am back up again as you will see the battle of getting the first pm;s in before Anthony :lol:

cheers
Rich

KrazyKuch
08-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Sorry to hear man that has to suck, Glad everyone is okay, Also glad that insurance is gonna cover it!!