PDA

View Full Version : Refractometers

Quinster
08-14-2005, 09:45 PM
I have access to some refractometers. They have automatic temperature calibration and come in a vinyl carrying case with a pipette and screwdriver for calibration. I am asking $65 plus shipping which in most cases is around $5.

Quinster
08-15-2005, 02:27 AM
had a request for a picture so I thought I would share

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Quinster/Refractometer.jpg

Quinster
09-02-2005, 08:47 PM
BUMP...all the talk on the forums about these I thought I would get some replies...hmmm :cry: lol

DanG
09-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I have what appears to be that exact same unit, but with a hard plastic case. And I paid more for it... :sad:
Happy with it though.

Johnny Reefer
09-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I think I can get one for close to the same $ from my LFS. Sorry. :sad:

Cheers,

Willow
09-03-2005, 12:46 AM
i payed less for mine at j&l a year ago.

Skimmerking
09-05-2005, 03:42 AM
I dont think that Quinn is asking for comparsion here People. :rolleyes: He is asking if any one is interested in buying one realt cheap. If ya bought one cheaper then good for you,

SOme time s i shead my head at the responsed here on the board.....

Quin try calling Best West pets in Brandon Manitoba talk to JAMIE

here is looking at buying a bunch too

pm me for the number ok

mike

Johnny Reefer
09-05-2005, 04:40 AM
I dont think that Quinn is asking for comparsion here People. :rolleyes: He is asking if any one is interested in buying one realt cheap. If ya bought one cheaper then good for you,

SOme time s i shead my head at the responsed here on the board.....

Quin try calling Best West pets in Brandon Manitoba talk to JAMIE

here is looking at buying a bunch too

pm me for the number ok

mike

Hey Bud,

If you'll notice in Quin's third post down he says this:
BUMP...all the talk on the forums about these...
I was a part of the discussion in the forum (thread) that he is refering to, hence my reply, which I feel was just being cordial, rather than just ignoring him.
Okay?

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19050

Cheers,

Quinster
09-06-2005, 01:58 AM
sorry didn't want to start a fight :redface:

All I was doing was replying that I found some refractometers which in comparison to some other places I have seen them priced for $69 and up, plus taxes and shipping...so when I got mine at the price I advertized I just thought I would share the deal. And as I mentioned to one PM if 2 or more people go in together, shipping isn't much different if there is 1 or 5 in a box.

NaCL H20 REEFER - PM sent

Johnny Reefer
09-06-2005, 02:38 AM
sorry didn't want to start a fight :redface:

No worries. I know you didn't and neither did I.

I just felt that someone who posted in this thread did not actually read the thread and assumed that I, for one, was responding to your thread just for somethin' to do, when I was actually responding to, what I felt, was somewhat of a direct pitch. I think my response was not inappropriate.
(When the free sample person at the grocery store pitches stuff and I don't want it, I don't just walk by. I say no thank you.)

I am not about to back down to what I felt was, at least in my case, an inaccurate assumption based on the lack of reading the thread.

Whether the person to whom I refer to has seen my response to them, I do not know, but I have no apologies to them.

As for yourself, although I do not feel that I owe you an apology, I will.
I am sorry your thread turned into this. I certainly was not scheming for confrontation when I responded to your request for interested refractometer buyers. I was merely wanting to convey to you that it would be just as easy for me to buy local. Since it seemed to be a somewhat direct pitch, I figured you would appreciate some kind of response one way or the other. It's as simple as that.

Again, I am sorry your thread turned into this.

Cheers,