PDA

View Full Version : water cirulation system

StirCrazy
11-14-2001, 08:33 PM
I was thinking of making a network of pcv piping on the bottom of the tank then covering it with the sand.. from this I would have risers every so often that would direct the return water from my sump to the tank in different area's to create a good cirulation in the tank. my thinking hear is I wouldent have to use power heads.. has anyone done this and if so do you have any tips or hints? hell any coments even if ya havent done this but see some things I might have to overcome will be helpfull.

Steve

Oh ya I almost forgot I am lookingat doing this in a drilled standard 50 gal tank 36" x 18" x 18"

canadawest
11-14-2001, 08:56 PM
Check out Shadetree's website (Scott) as he's done exactly what I believe you are planning.

Shadetree's Website (go to the live rock support frame section) (http://www.shadetree.homestead.com/equipment.html)

If I had done the planning ahead of time I would have done exactly the same thing. Seems like a fantastic idea to me.

BTW... Scott and I started our tanks within a week of each other, so it's been great watching each other's progress (although I have yet to see it in person)

[ 14 November 2001: Message edited by: canadawest ]