PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy

BCWolfen
08-12-2005, 04:16 AM
Found an old thread that talked about an expoy stick from Industrial Plastics here on the Island. The thread did not mention a name but I think I found the right stuff and just wanted to confirm that it is safe to use in a tank.

Here is the link

http://www.polymericsystems.com/aquamend.htm

If someone could let me know I'd be mucho happy. :biggrin:

rickjames
08-12-2005, 04:21 AM
That's the stuff I use in my tank. Safe to use, will make your skimmer foam like no other for a while though :lol: . There is about two tubes worth in my tank! :eek:

adidas
08-18-2005, 06:39 PM
have any tips for using this stuff? i had a hell of a time getting it to stick properly.

BCWolfen
08-19-2005, 04:19 AM
mold, mold and mold it some more. I have mounted about 4 frags with it now and have had great success.

I first squished and molded it lots to mix it. (which is kinda fun, like play doh for big kids LOL)
Then I molded it around the base of the frag getting into creaves and curves etc. leaving a bit of a bigger blob near the top.
I'd find a nice hole in the rocks squish it down in there and then mold the blob down onto the rock, fanning it out into crevices. Not only did it help stick everything togther but it also gave it a bit more natural look.