PDA

View Full Version : reef tank withdrawals...

LostMind
08-11-2005, 04:29 AM
I recently took down my tank due to my wedding, my 1 month honeymoon, my upcoming reno (I hope) and so on...

The last few weeks... I really been missing my tank!

I am thinking about setting up my 29 gallon in the garage for now.

Anyone who says this isn't an addiction is dead wrong.

Anyone ever have withdrawals before? :)

albert_dao
08-11-2005, 04:38 AM
I've had withdrawals from Diablo 2 and Starcraft before...

You know it's bad when you start having dreams about finding that Zod rune or beating some famous pro-gamer with your M4D 1337 5K1LLZ.

Zerandise
08-11-2005, 05:17 AM
Its a total adiction. I just went two months with only seeing my tank every other weekend. it about killed me.

As for Dialbo II me and my wife ran a website for it with over 100,000 members at peak. Never tried starcraft.

Petcrazy
08-11-2005, 07:44 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
-slightly scared of the h4X0rz speaking geeks-

-will not admit to her gaming or any other type of addictions-

danny zubot
08-11-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm totally addicted to my reef. Its the first thing I look at when I get home from work. Kinda ticks my woman off a bit. :redface:

rickjames
08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm totally addicted to my reef. Its the first thing I look at when I get home from work. Kinda ticks my woman off a bit. :redface:

You get that too hey? :lol:

Beverly
08-11-2005, 02:45 PM
We took down our 180g a few years ago after we sold our townhouse. Shortly after moving into our temporary apartment while waiting for our condo to be completed, I had reef withdrawel so bad, I went out one day and bought a 7g bowfront. What a relief to have saltwater back in my life :smilecol:

OCDP
08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah it's a crazy addiction... tooooo crazy

LostMind
08-11-2005, 04:00 PM
diabloII was fun, think I had a few higher level chars in there... but I wasn't addicted - not like I am to World of Warcraft...

7g saltwater tank.. hmmm, I did have one for my mantis and he is gone now... would be easy to setup again :)

well, I am glad to know I am not alone in this addiction... its killing me. I was supposed to have a 320g tank running by now!!!

danny zubot
08-11-2005, 04:22 PM
This addiction will eventually land me a 10000 gallon reef type swimming pool! :mrgreen: (when I win the lottery)

muck
08-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Maybe Tony will let us use his once in a while... :razz: :razz:

hockey nut
08-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Beware of the addiction to World of War Craft. It's a great game IMO but it ruined some of my close relatives marrage. :sad:

As far as my reef tank goes, I am too scared to leave it unattended for more than a 24hrs. :eek: I guess I will never go on a vacation again. :neutral:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-12-2005, 09:18 AM
We moved to a bigger place so I could have bigger reef tanks. :redface:

Told my bro-in-law that if I couldn't cycle my tanks at his place before the move, then I wasn't gonna move. Rather stay put than risk my pets/livestocks' lives.

Withdrawal, well you have to be away to have withdrawal right. Haven't gone away for more than a weekend camping trip since starting up this addiction again. Not really fair to the wifey but I'll be taking up Xtasia on her offer to raid, I mean babysit my tanks when we do go back to Malaysia next summer. I'll be snorkelling in the reefs while there so I can still get my saltwater fix. :biggrin: Callum & Nemo, hands off :evil: :biggrin: No visiting with baggies & rubber bands while we're gone.

Anthony

PS. that applies to the rest of you (you know who you are)

LostMind
08-12-2005, 09:45 AM
WoW has caused a couple of mild complaints from my wife. But then again, I think any video game will do that, as it takes away from time spent with her and we don't get as much together as we should lately, because work is so hectic (run on sentence!). But I only manage to get in an hour or so a week lately... I did put in much more a few months back - managed to play every night then, and had no complaints from the wife since we went for a walk after dinner nearly every day.

It was so much easier when I was working only 7-8 hours per day.

Now, I want my fishtank back for relaxation and all that. I want to come home and stare for a bit and forget about work and how frustrating everything gets. :)

Anthony - I haven't made it to malaysia yet. But singapore and brunei were awesome. I'm told singapore is "malaysia lite" built for tourists! I am hoping to see KL and Penang in the next year or two. Having trusted friends in the hobby is a must for vacations. Luckily, one of my best friends is in the hobby (I dragged him in by setting up a tank when we were roommates).

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-12-2005, 10:30 AM
It's been 22 years since I've been back. Always school, work or lack of $$$/time has kept me from returning. Airfare's around $1400 so it better be a long vacation to be worth it. We're probably going to Penang (West coast - my hometown) & Kuching (East coast - Irene's hometown) mostly. Hope to go for a month's vacation. Maybe include a side trip to Aussie land to throw some shrimp on the barbe. :biggrin:

My tanks will have to be more automated by then or else it'll be a pain for my tank-sitter (thanks Ivy :biggrin: )

Anthony

Manny
08-12-2005, 06:20 PM
just look at signature :arrow:

Beverly
08-12-2005, 08:58 PM
As defined by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction :

"Addiction is an uncontrollable compulsion to repeat a behavior regardless of its negative consequences. A person who is addicted is sometimes called an addict."

I must be at the plateau of my addiction, since I no longer seek bigger and better tanks, more and more fish or corals, or more sophisticated equipment. I'm happy with my tanks the way they are, more or less. I maintain them daily and weekly, and enjoy them often.

smokinreefer
08-15-2005, 02:55 AM
out of sight, out of mind...
if you've got a busy lifestyle and youve always got something on your plate, it makes it real easy to not think reefs...

i bought a new pc so i could play Battlefield2! so that sucks up whatever spare time i have... not to mention those wee hours of the night/early morning!

and i only miss reefs when i'm dumb enough to browse the forums and see all the purdy pictures!

with that said, a small easy to maintain tank should give you a nice fix if your jones'n. [thats my plan at the moment]

props
08-15-2005, 04:01 AM
out of sight, out of mind...
if you've got a busy lifestyle and youve always got something on your plate, it makes it real easy to not think reefs...

i bought a new pc so i could play Battlefield2! so that sucks up whatever spare time i have... not to mention those wee hours of the night/early morning!

and i only miss reefs when i'm dumb enough to browse the forums and see all the purdy pictures!

with that said, a small easy to maintain tank should give you a nice fix if your jones'n. [thats my plan at the moment]
hey dude give me a shout when you play online.. we have about 7techs playing b2 =o)

smokinreefer
08-15-2005, 05:53 AM
hahaaha. sweet.

you on messenger?
PM me your addy.

props
08-16-2005, 01:22 AM
jcaramat@shaw.ca on msn