PDA

View Full Version : Help my loved fish is sick

HimSelf
08-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Help everyone my black and white saddle back clown is sick. My girl friend just noticed tonight that one of the eyes is swollen (like this :eek: ) and the other one looks a little bite big as well. What is wrong? How can I cure it?

The only thing I can think of is the clown had some sea weed this morning and that’s it.

Help please; my girl friend is going to force me to take down the tank if her favorite fish dies :cry: .

Coldwater
08-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Sounds like pop-eye. My clownfish got it when I first bought it. It is from poor water quality. The pope-eye went away after a few days. I hope all goes well. :confused:

Matt

HimSelf
08-11-2005, 05:04 AM
I don't know but it seems that my water is ok. And is only one clown that is having this problem and my other clown is doing fine.

Maybe something els?

Petcrazy
08-11-2005, 05:10 AM
It seems okay?
Have you tested the water parameters?
Not just temperature and pH, but nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, salinity level etc.

Often when something goes wrong...the common questions that will be asked..and that you need to ask yourself...
How big is this tank?
How many fish are in it?
How often do you feed?
Have there been any new introductions into the tank?
What is your tank maintenance like?

Etc...

Jason McK
08-11-2005, 05:15 AM
I had a 2 year old clown that developed pop-eye. I freaked as well. But after a normally scheduled water change and a day or 2 it was fine.

I would just make sure all is OK with your water and keep a close eye on it for now. If it doesn't clear up in a couple of days then further action maybe required

Jason

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-11-2005, 05:22 AM
If this fish was in that tank that leaked & had to live in a bucket for a while, then that's probably the root of your problem. Test your water, do a water change to improve water quality & see if your filtration is up to the task.

Anthony

HimSelf
08-11-2005, 05:23 AM
My water is all fine but I will do a water change any ways just to be safe. Is there any other things I can do?

HimSelf
08-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Do you guys think a UV sterilizer will help? :confused:

Ya Anthony this is the fish that was in the broken tank.

OCDP
08-11-2005, 02:33 PM
UV Steralizer will not help you in this case.

I say just do what you have been recommended to do.

That being... water changes, make sure your salinity, and temperature match the tanks salinity and temp.

Do a large enough water change , say 30% maybe?

Feed the fish... keep it's belly full, this is always a good thing to do with a sick fish.. feed it.

Keep your water quality the best you can...