PDA

View Full Version : 6 line sleeping habits

One_Divided
11-25-2001, 06:02 PM
This morning I thought my 6 line had a bad case of ick, but whatever was on him was gone within an hour.. I have heard of some types of wrasse's creating a mucus cacoon to sleep in. Could this have been what I saw on him this morning? There's nothing wrong with him.. He's a fat little guy.. Just checking up on it for him.. thankss

Dale D
11-25-2001, 07:11 PM
Six line wrasses often produce cocoons around them when they sleep.

They are often full of tiny micro-bubbles, so that is most likely what you saw that looked like ick.

I have never been lucky enough to see a sixline with the cocoon still around it, i usually just see them (the cocoon) floating around the tank after it has been discarded.

Dale

StirCrazy
11-25-2001, 07:40 PM
Hey Adam when did you get a 6 line? and did you get him from here in town?

Steve

Silverfish
11-25-2001, 08:01 PM
Hey Steve I believe that Adam got his six-line from J&L. I wouldn't bother getting any fish here in town untill we get a reliable LFS.-(Hillside Aquatics?) I have a lawnmower blenny that I have had for about 2 months and it has been eating/ grazing the whole time. The problem is, it is wasting away for no apparent reason and I think that it will die. I am suspecting cyanide poisoning, and I will not be shopping at the store I got it from any more.(not that they have anything anyway) You folks from Vic know who I mean

Support stores with ethics and that guarantee net caught fish!

Disgruntled Reefer images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

[ 25 November 2001: Message edited by: Silverfish ]

One_Divided
11-25-2001, 11:23 PM
Steve I had the 6 line last time you were over. lol he's just so damn fast you probably missed him!

Thanks Dale. I just wanted to make sure. Come to think of it, I have seen the slimy cacoons lying around and didn't think much as to what they were. I know that if I were to lose my 6 line, those 5,000,000 flatworms in my fuge would just love to settle their ugly brown a$$es down in my main tank.