PDA

View Full Version : Super Skimmer vs. AquaC Remora

OCDP
08-03-2005, 11:26 PM
I was just wondering if a Coralife Super Skimmer (rated up to 65g) would be a good skimmer for my 20g? Right now I am skimming with the Remora, and I have no complaints. But I am wanting to know if the super skimmer is better, or worse... I will be using it HOB style as well..

Thanks in advance for your input.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Personally, I think that if you're happy with the Remora's performance, you should save your money. Afterall, if you get the Corallife & then upgrade to a bigger tank (don't say you won't because most of us do :redface: ) that skimmer will not be enough & you'll have to go buy a bigger, better one again.

Just my $.02,

Anthony

vanreefer
08-04-2005, 12:40 AM
check for the super skimmer thread here.... some people had issues with it HOB style

outtafocus
08-04-2005, 02:40 AM
I cant trust my super skimmer enough to use it as a hang on type.
Mine leaks around the adjustment knob, and it also has a tendancy to flood the collection cup.
I used it as hang on for a week and took it off. It is about to go in a sump where it can do no harm if it floods or leaks.
It pulls out some nasty black gunk though.

Remora is fool proof, I wouldnt trust anything else as a hang on.

outtafocus
08-04-2005, 02:41 AM
But for the price I paid, the super skimmer is top notch.
Half the price of the remora.
http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16355

OCDP
08-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your input guys, really appreciate it . I think for now I will stick with my Remora as I am quite happy with it's performance, and I know I'll be doing the ol' upgrade here soon... I am thinking something along the lines of a 60g cube .

Thanks again, I'll stick with the Remora !